Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else is posting entries for the Precious Metal paint contest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else is posting entries for the Precious Metal paint contest?

Just a sample of what I've been up to;

Joseph

Re: Who else is posting entries for the Precious Metal paint contest?

Me....posted two so far....havent decided if I am going to do any more. Wanna see?
    Fledgling Air Race and P-51 Junkie

Comment

I kinda liked this one....
      Attached Files

Comment

.....Sorry had to upload them to post here,
        Metalic Gold and White with Black trimming

Polished alum with silver metalic wings and fillets. Gloss Black and Metalic Gold with flat black glare panel.

I still have to to the top/bot view for the polished one, and I may still have one more idea rattling around in my head. Wish I was much better with the computer rendering....new fangled stuff.....

Really nice rendering Joseph, really like your letter style for "metal" and "38". Threre are some really nice ideas out there, some really really nice and others that unfortunately IMHO (since I have been lettering and painting racecars since I was 14) are just not practical....gonna be really interesting to see what they end up choosing.

eekkk sorry for the huge pics, will try to downsize them....
        Last edited by xmh53wrench; 01-21-2013, 08:33 PM.
        Fledgling Air Race and P-51 Junkie

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
          I kinda liked this one....
          So much for the nose art! That's all we need is another red/white mustang anyway. Then we would have to listen to the "commentators" babble about how Strega is now a Griffon Mustang.
          Last edited by Wild Bill Kelso; 01-22-2013, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
            So much for the nose art! That's all we need is another red/white mustang anyway. Then we would have to listen to the "commentators" babble about how Strega is now a Griffon Mustang.
            Hey....I've already done the nose art twice on that airframe....why not a third time? This time we could do the same picture of Maggie, but wearing a Kaiser Helmet, and put a big black Iron Cross on the tail.

Comment

In keeping with that theme you'd also need to switch out the denim cutoffs for lederhosen.

Comment

Strega is now a Griffon Mustang.
                ...or how PM is now a TF....

hehe

Comment

I put three up so far...this one got the best response...currently in 3rd in the Fan Favorite voting:

Last edited by AAFO_WSagar; 01-27-2013, 02:26 PM. Reason: fixed image for user
                  "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
                  -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin View Post
                    ...or how PM is now a TF....

hehe
                    Yeah, but it's a RACING TF....so it's all relative.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                      Yeah, but it's a RACING TF....so it's all relative.
                      TR.... Both of you catch up on things would ya! Sheez!

Comment

TR.... Both of you catch up on things would ya! Sheez!
                        Dang it, now I'm going to have to come up with a new joke....

Comment

Originally posted by xmh53wrench View Post
                          .....Sorry had to upload them to post here,
                          Metalic Gold and White with Black trimming

Polished alum with silver metalic wings and fillets. Gloss Black and Metalic Gold with flat black glare panel.

I still have to to the top/bot view for the polished one, and I may still have one more idea rattling around in my head. Wish I was much better with the computer rendering....new fangled stuff.....

Really nice rendering Joseph, really like your letter style for "metal" and "38". Threre are some really nice ideas out there, some really really nice and others that unfortunately IMHO (since I have been lettering and painting racecars since I was 14) are just not practical....gonna be really interesting to see what they end up choosing.

eekkk sorry for the huge pics, will try to downsize them....
                          Those look awesome Louie! I like them both!
                          "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin View Post
                            Dang it, now I'm going to have to come up with a new joke....
                            How about this? How do you know when Randy Haskin is in the room... He'll tell ya

Comment

How about this? How do you know when Randy Haskin is in the room... He'll tell ya
                              Well played, sir....

Comment

Working...
                              X