• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No spit class in 2013 :-(

Maybe no crates of spits after all.. :-(

Re: No spit class in 2013 :-(

Space Girl,

Thanks for the link. Looking at that picture it looks like rice fields. If thats the case I'm surprised that they even bothered looking for them. That would explain water in the crates from earlier reports.

Hopefully when it's all said and done, there is some validity to the story and some Spitfires are actually found. After all, Glacier Girl came out of the depths of a glacier and is flying today.

Hope someone is video documenting this effort.

Comment

Originally posted by spacegrrrl View Post
      Not even 1/2 of the 100s reported?

Comment

I had no idea their evidence was so flimsy....I thought they had lowered a camera into the crate area and saw them in good condition?????
        "We sent a borehole down and used a camera to look at the crates. They seemed to be in good condition," Cundall told the Herald."

Now he says they are looking in the wrong area??????????

"Ground radar images showed that inside the crates were Spitfires with their wings packed alongside the fuselages. The Britons want to work to restore as many of the 20 Spitfires as possible and get them flying. There are only about 35 flying in the world."

Something is rotten in Denmark, and it isnt a rotting Spitfire.....

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/burmese-...#ixzz2IOQM1C00

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/04/...#ixzz2IOPRNdWH

Comment

Is this another TIGHAR? Since he is using his own money it may not be.

Comment

Recrimination and disappointment were in danger of splitting the team of experts searching for as many as 136 of the Second World War fighters near the capital Yangon.

Comment

Working...
            X