2013's 50th Running...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013's 50th Running...

Don't forget the A26s that have run in the past.

Will

Comment

In addition to all of the above, I say bring back Fifi and Diamond Lil and let 'em run the unlimited course...
      Mark Johnson
      Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

We could always have a "Staggerwing" Beech race.
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Instead of paying 'appearance money' to bring racers of old (the majority of which are not in the same configuration/name that they were when they raced) to the party for a 'show & shine', I'd much rather have RARA bump the prize money to entice CURRENT racers to come to the party to race.

I don't want to see Diamondback and Crazy Horse2 as TF-51's, even though they are former champions. Seeing Thunderbird or Georgia Mae in their current condition does nothing for me without the proper clothing on. Would you even know what airframes they were in their current paint schemes? Red Baron as Wee Willy II?

I'd rather see a really nice photo piece in the program with color photos of all the past Unlimited Champions.

Comment

Great idea. More prize money for the ones that do race.
            Lockheed Bob

Comment

How about that spanish 109?

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                Instead of paying 'appearance money' to bring racers of old (the majority of which are not in the same configuration/name that they were when they raced) to the party for a 'show & shine', I'd much rather have RARA bump the prize money to entice CURRENT racers to come to the party to race.

I don't want to see Diamondback and Crazy Horse2 as TF-51's, even though they are former champions. Seeing Thunderbird or Georgia Mae in their current condition does nothing for me without the proper clothing on. Would you even know what airframes they were in their current paint schemes? Red Baron as Wee Willy II?

I'd rather see a really nice photo piece in the program with color photos of all the past Unlimited Champions.
                Absolutely dead on. I'd rather secure the future than dwell on the past.

Comment

Converse Air Racing and the Huntress III would be my wish list.

Comment

I'd like that too, but good luck on that one. She's in Germany.

Comment

Super Snoopy!
                      Rob
                      Merlins are cool
                      But Radials rule!
                      And jets just make noise

Comment

Originally posted by 64chrysler300 View Post
                        Super Snoopy!
                        That airframe was scrapped in Beruit, Lebanon in 1975.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
                          How about that spanish 109?
                          It has been modified by PoF and doesn't look anything like what it did in 1981.

Comment

This thread has degenerated into people just throwing out random "hey, it would be cool to see this plane...." The original topic was about getting significant planes in the 50 years of Reno to come back...not any plane that ever sat on the ramp.

It reminds me of this.

Watch TV shows and movies online. Stream TV episodes of Shōgun, Grey's Anatomy, This Is Us, Bob's Burgers, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Empire, SNL, and popular movies on your favorite devices. Start your free trial now.

Comment

Well if we are going down that road, bring back the human fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                                Well if we are going down that road, bring back the human fly.
                                points for creativity, but....like Super Snoopy, the Human Fly was only at Mojave and never appeared at Reno.

Comment

Working...
                                X