Stead all white

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stead all white

I took these from the flight deck of my Virgin America A319 today. Looks chilly down there.
    Attached Files

Re: Stead all white

Heading to SFO?

Comment

Originally posted by hg2992 View Post
      I took these from the flight deck of my Virgin America A319 today. Looks chilly down there.
      I guess it would be inappropriate to make the announcement:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. You're probably not aware of this but I'm a fan of Air Racing and below us is Stead Field, home of the Reno Air Races. We will be making a slight detour while I fly this A319 around the Unlimited Course. So get your cameras ready, hold on and enjoy the ride!!!"

Comment

Looks like Race day back around 1979 or so.......it snowed enough to empty the stands and turn everything white. After an hour or so the sun came out and the races continured.
        Brian

Comment

I used to tell people when I was flying a DC-9, " If I could fly my DC-9 around the course wide ass open.....Rare Bear would pass me at a 100MPH!"

Comment

Interesting views.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

1978, cold!
              Also '04...
              It's been downright bitter here as Nevadsky can confirm. Don't think we were over 30 the last couple weeks and into single digits out in the North Valleys (Cold Springs, Stead, Red Rock) in the mornings. Warm today (a balmy 26 at my house this morning) but a cold front on it's way in tonight.
              Sure glad the races are in September!
              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Man, I never get tired of that view. Like most of you I suspect, it's the North Pole, Mecca, Parthenon, and Mt. Everest all rolled into 5000 acres in western Nevada.

Genuflecting!
                Owen Ashurst
                Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Along that thought, and I know I've told this before, in 2011 I was working as a guard at a downtown event in July (Chicken Wing Festival).
                  A young couple walked up to me and introduced themselves (in VERY broken English) as tourists from Norway, and could I please direct them to the site of the "World famous Reno air races".
                  All that way to see a patch of desert...
                  It was way cool to be able to diraect them and draw them a map.
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                  X