Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Volunteers accepted for PM team.

Originally posted by Aerialgunnery View Post
    I think it would be exceptionally impractical to have a full day's commute to just hop around the patch... And expensive to base it anywhere except here. Besides she's a cornerstone in our exhibit here in Kissimmee...

And where would the bragging rights go if one didn't have a 4,500 mile round-trip to the races?...

We'll have to rely on right coasters to make this thing go... We've actually had a pretty good response. We'll make this happen. In fact, it's already happening.
    I gotta hand it to you, the 4500 mile round trip makes PM that much more cool. Everyone else is within a couple hours, flight. You on the other hand fly all the way across the country and still kick ass. Its one thing to fly an hour, race and if it breaks, no big deal, its easy enough to come back with spares the following weekend. For you, its a whole different ball game.

I kinda do the same thing vintage racing my car. I load it up, drive it to the race, and then make sure I can get home at the end of the weekend. Doing that with a hot rod P51 is a whole different story however.

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with for this year. I look forward to September.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by Aerialgunnery View Post
      I think it would be exceptionally impractical to have a full day's commute to just hop around the patch... And expensive to base it anywhere except here. Besides she's a cornerstone in our exhibit here in Kissimmee...

And where would the bragging rights go if one didn't have a 4,500 mile round-trip to the races?...

We'll have to rely on right coasters to make this thing go... We've actually had a pretty good response. We'll make this happen. In fact, it's already happening.
      Ya'll just want PM out there so you can keep an eye on her and figure out what to expect before race day...;>! It's much harder to keep tabs on her at the Secret Florida Base surrounded by Trained Alligators and Rednecks. I heard the local Seminole Tribe whipped up a ceremony to raise the spirit of the old street racers who took money and cars from Navy Boys for 5 decades at the NTC....

Late at night you can hear a mean sounding metal on metal sound...that's not a Rod Knock, them's Sabres Rattlin'....

Comment

Lol, you're making me sound like a glutton for punishment... After our trip in 2011, we nearly re-named the team 'Piss and Vinegar Air Racing'...

Comment

I'm going to be down that way around the end of March, maybe I can put in a day... Not sure how much help I'll be with only a day on the job, but it sounds fun!

Comment

OK, come on by and we'll see what is happening that day!

Comment

Originally posted by 1:1 Scale View Post
              I'm going to be down that way around the end of March, maybe I can put in a day... Not sure how much help I'll be with only a day on the job, but it sounds fun!
              There a boogie down there, or just vacation?

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                There a boogie down there, or just vacation?
                PIA Symposium in Daytona

Thom, we were planning on stopping by one way or another, so now it's just a matter of how dirty I get

Comment

Working...
                X