Attached Files
    No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
    http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Re: Matt Jackson's old pseudo-Swift

Originally posted by ignomini View Post
      Did someone say Swift? Reno '05.
      That's Karl Johanson's beautiful 210hp Swift.

Sam Swift
      Biplane Race #3

Comment

Hey guys,

Matt brought the super swift through Mojave last Christmas. It was totally wicked. Three part gear doors made it look like a seafury, annular cooling inlet on a totally custom aluminum cowl, aluminum canoes faired all the aileron and flap bracketry, three bladed prop on a 360 lyc I believe. Really slick, bruce must have been one heck of a builder.

Bummer to see it go.

-Race 68
        Wasabi

Comment

Where is that based? There is one that looks just like it at Schelleville. Beautiful plane. I really like Swifts.

Will

Comment

I seem to recall seeing that Swift do an aerobatic routine at Chino one year, is that the one? That's how I got turned on to Swifts!

Comment

Originally posted by laminar View Post
              Hey guys,

Matt brought the super swift through Mojave last Christmas. It was totally wicked. Three part gear doors made it look like a seafury, annular cooling inlet on a totally custom aluminum cowl, aluminum canoes faired all the aileron and flap bracketry, three bladed prop on a 360 lyc I believe. Really slick, bruce must have been one heck of a builder.

Bummer to see it go.

-Race 68
              Wasabi
              Elliot, you are exactly right, Bruce was a heck of a builder. He was pretty involved with the CAFE efficiency stuff, many mods of which were on his "Swift II" for that purpose. The fully-enclosed gear was a work of art. You are correct, he did have the Lyc IO-360 with the 3-blade.

Sam Swift
              Biplane Race #3

Comment

Does anyone including Matt have any nice photos to post of Matts Swift ?.
                Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by flyboycpa View Post
                  Elliot, you are exactly right, Bruce was a heck of a builder. He was pretty involved with the CAFE efficiency stuff, many mods of which were on his "Swift II" for that purpose. The fully-enclosed gear was a work of art. You are correct, he did have the Lyc IO-360 with the 3-blade.

Sam Swift
                  I didn't realize he was CAFE racing the airplane. It does make sense, the speeds Matt was claiming were out of this world!

Bummer to see it go, spectacular that it appears no one was hurt.

Thank you Sam,
                  Elliot

Comment

Working...
                  X