Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No demo team for Reno 2013

Originally posted by degroodtt View Post
    If the a$$ hats in Washington can't figure out a budget they need to be replaced.
    On Monday, I had to ship a package and wanted to use the United States Post Office. They had a sign on their door stating that they would be closing on New Years Eve Day at 3pm instead of the regular 5-5:30pm. There was little advance notice, so customers expecting to do business, would have been turned away if they had arrived expecting to use the facility.

Keep in mind, the USPS is on the edge of Bankruptcy due to unsustainable pensions, salaries, paid holidays and such. If they closed early to save money, that's good. If they closed early to send their employees home early, paid without working, that's irresponsible. You would think, if you need the business, you would remain open, so this defies good business skills on the taxpayers dime. Later, I went to a store that sells food to restaurants for some food and they said that they would be open normal hours on New Years Eve and open on New Years Day for business.

I think it's obvious why the Government operated USPS is near bankruptcy and private business survives.

This is just one, of many examples I could describe where the public is shut out of Government business because they closed early to have a holiday catered party on the taxpayers dime instead of doing what they are paid to do, and that is WORK like everyone else!!!

Article on the Post Office Debt:
    The U.S. Postal Service has hit its $15 billion debt limit and can't borrow anymore from the U.S. Treasury. Luckily, the USPS has enough cash to make ends meet over the next few months.

"With people cutting back on snail mail, the post office has faced a survival crisis in recent years. If Congress doesn't act soon, the service could face insolvency this spring."

"It reported a $5.2 billion loss for the quarter ended June 30."

I have to get back to work so I can pay for Obamas Hawaii vacation: http://www.whitehousedossier.com/201...axpayers-100k/
    Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 01-01-2013, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X