Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No demo team for Reno 2013

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
    Um...you do realize that the Patriots have been at Reno the past two years right? Nothing against those guys but they do not fly nearly as well as the military teams do.
    Maybe one reason might be that when they fly their planes, the costs come from their own pockets instead of the taxpayers pockets, so they may fly less hours flying as a team.

If you go to their website and click on "Team Members" you'll see that they are equally or better qualified than any member of any Military Flight Demo Team and some of them were former Military Flight Team Members. If I was betting, I'd put my money on them because of their past experience. http://www.patriotsjetteam.com/
    Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 12-14-2012, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Duplicate, how do I delete?
      Last edited by Desertdawg; 12-14-2012, 10:14 AM. Reason: duplicate reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
        Um...you do realize that the Patriots have been at Reno the past two years right? Nothing against those guys but they do not fly nearly as well as the military teams do.
        As far as I'm concerned the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels are a symbol of what we are as Americans. Seeing them perform makes me proud to be American! The louder, the faster the better.

The Brits have their royalty we have our Thunderbirds and Blue Angels!

Personally I don't care what they cost us. If we need to cut cost, cut all the pay and perks for the do nothing crowd in Washington. No pay and/or vacations until you get the job done.

Comment

I'd like to see an A-10 Warthog Demo 6-8 Piece Team. Something about the ugliness of that plane interests me. Would like to see how it would look as a Demo Team. Maybe fire some blank bursts from its gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
            As far as I'm concerned the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels are a symbol of what we are as Americans. Seeing them perform makes me proud to be American! The louder, the faster the better.

The Brits have their royalty we have our Thunderbirds and Blue Angels!

Personally I don't care what they cost us. If we need to cut cost, cut all the pay and perks for the do nothing crowd in Washington. No pay and/or vacations until you get the job done.

I'm with you,dawg! I DO love the demo teams,BUT........There's only ONE reason I go to Reno: the pylon-runners Seen the demos at various venues. But there's only ONE pace to see the circuit pounders. I say more racing. I can see the demo teams anywhere.

Comment

I like the demo teams. They make me proud. I dont know much about the cost analysis of having them at Reno vs how much they bring in , with ticket, souvenier and food sales. I do know that when they come to Fairchild AFB openhouse, the crowd doubles. If the Senators/Reps from Nevada didnt have enough pull to get a demo team for 2013, then I have to wonder about the finances of the races and if they can go on. There were some big years after 9/11 , I am told, that saved the races after that hit. I have to wonder what the insurance premium is gonna be in 2013 and 2014....and who will pay for it....

Comment

Politics have nothing to do with getting the Blues or T-birds to Reno.
                They make their contracts 3 years out, and announce them in Dec. at ICAS. The waiting list is long and technically, the teams are a recruitment tool

The State of Nevada does not pay for their expenses, RARA does, and it is steep. In exit polls, the average-Joe public, not the gear-heads, have come for the show first, and the races are secondary. The true race fan will come just for the racing, and leaves his seat to take care of bodily needs during the show acts.

If it comes to paying for the manditory insurance or paying the expense of a demo team, which do you suppose is priority-1 with RARA?

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
                  If you go to www.whitehousedossier.com or www.JudicialWatch.com you can probably find out how much it cost for Obama to vacation in Hawaii at the expense of the taxpayer.

The $4 million price tag for Obama’s vacation was calculated by the Hawaii Reporter and includes $250,000 in local costs.

"The actual expense to the federal government alone is likely even higher than $4 million, since the cost of just the transportation – roundtrip flights for Air Force One and an accompanying cargo plane – amounts to about $3,530,000, according to the Reporter:" http://www.whitehousedossier.com/201...waii-vacation/

According to Glen Beck, Obamas vacation in Hawaii cost the taxpayers 4 Million Dollars: http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/12/05/...ost-taxpayers/

$181,757 per hour estimated cost to operate Air Force One: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...travel-record/

http://www.akdart.com/obama112.html

Oh for crissakes, this is a thread about the lack of military jet demonstration teams at Reno. Do some more research and you'll discover that EVERY freaking President has used (and some would claim abused) the use of the travel they're afforded with the position. It's also a pinprick in the Federal budget. Can we leave the stupid partisan sh*t behind and get back to the subject at hand?

Comment

[QUOTE=

If it comes to paying for the manditory insurance or paying the expense of a demo team, which do you suppose is priority-1 with RARA?[/QUOTE]

Pretty nasty, Betty. Would not have expected that from you. All I am asking is if RARA can spend one dollar and get back more than that in receipts, and therefore get more money for insurance. Like I said, I dont know the economics, but I do know that RARA has brought the demo teams before.....so I assume is does make money from them. Perhaps they do indeed make decisions way out and then announce them like they do. Of course, all the appearances have to be coordinated, which is tough. But that doesnt mean that four months ago, things could not have been changed IF POSSIBLE.

Comment

Originally posted by Suds View Post
                      Oh for crissakes, this is a thread about the lack of military jet demonstration teams at Reno. Do some more research and you'll discover that EVERY freaking President has used (and some would claim abused) the use of the travel they're afforded with the position. It's also a pinprick in the Federal budget. Can we leave the stupid partisan sh*t behind and get back to the subject at hand?
                      Amen Brother!!
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                        What does it cost the taxpayer for 2 weeks in Hawaii for a 747 plus lodging ,food,security,etc.? Would you rather watch Air Force One do a few flybys or a military Demo Team? Enough for now.
                        Obama and family are on Vacation again, in Hawaii at a rented beach house, at the expense of the Taxpayer. Get back to work folks, your tax dollars are needed to pay for this wasteful act.

San Francisco Chronicle story: http://blog.sfgate.com/ontheblock/20...n-home/#9084-2

White House Dossier story: http://www.whitehousedossier.com/201...axpayers-100k/

US Debt Clock: http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
                          Obama and family are on Vacation again, in Hawaii at a rented beach house, at the expense of the Taxpayer. Get back to work folks, your tax dollars are needed to pay for this wasteful act.

San Francisco Chronicle story: http://blog.sfgate.com/ontheblock/20...n-home/#9084-2

White House Dossier story: http://www.whitehousedossier.com/201...axpayers-100k/

US Debt Clock: http://www.usdebtclock.org/
                          How about we keep the politics out of it, shall we? This is an airshow/air race board, in a thread about no demo-teams at Reno. I personally don't care who you voted for, whether your guy won or not, or if you think it's wasteful....I mean, so sorry. The person I voted for didn't win either. GWB spend most of his 8 years flying back and forth to his ranch in Texas on taxpayer expense too. It's politics. Deal with it...but don't drag it onto the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                            How about we keep the politics out of it, shall we? This is an airshow/air race board, in a thread about no demo-teams at Reno. I personally don't care who you voted for, whether your guy won or not, or if you think it's wasteful....I mean, so sorry. The person I voted for didn't win either. GWB spend most of his 8 years flying back and forth to his ranch in Texas on taxpayer expense too. It's politics. Deal with it...but don't drag it onto the board.
                            THIS!!!
                            "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                              Did you vote for yourself?

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Chris View Post
                                I like the demo teams. They make me proud.
                                I remember thinking during the first Gulf war, while watching an F-18 demo, If I was in the desert I sure would feel outgunned.

I too don't want to bring politics in. That being said, I blew my budget last year and couldn't make it to the races. If the a$$ hats in Washington can't figure out a budget they need to be replaced.

My wife and I had to sit down and figure out where we need to cut, so we can be at Reno 2013. I am afraid some local waitress's will not be seeing much of us this year.

Tom
                                Evans, Ga

Comment

Working...
                                X