Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chuck Hall Reno photos?

Originally posted by Coyote Chris View Post
    I am just curious about the legality of using pics of Reno in a money making venture such as a magazine article. If one obtains a pic from a person for free and then trys to use the pic in an article without asking permission of RARA, who exactly is "hanging out"?
    As long as you are writing an article, paid or not, and have the permission of the photographer to use the photo, you are within RARA's guidelines.

If I or anyone else takes a photo at a RARA sanctioned event and uses it in a commercial venture, such as items for sale, prints, for example, you then fall under the written guidelines for media and event guidelines if you're not.. They have always been very fair in their enforcement.

As for making or not making money publishing photos and articles, I was asked by those who attempt to make their living doing so to not "undersell" or "give" photos to publications that charge for their publication.. Believe it or not, there's actually a website or sites where you can get a factored rate to charge, or see if you're being underpaid.

Every magazine is different, based on circulation and space called "space rate"...
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Here's a rare shot, bought from the Fred Sebby estate.
      Who can guess the date and location?

Joseph

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
        Here's a rare shot, bought from the Fred Sebby estate.
        Who can guess the date and location?

Joseph
        Consolation Race, Reno 1966.

Lyle Shelton in Mike Carroll's "Signal Sea Fury" and Chuck Hall in Race #5.

Comment

Very cool shot. Who owns the shot now?

Chappie

Comment

Is that the start, going over that building that used to be out near pylon 1/2?
            Probably an optical illusion but the T-6's used to look like they were just BARELY clearing it!
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Yes, Leo...that is the same building that used to be there....it's down at the west end of the field, near the runway intersection. It was taken down in the late '70's if I remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
              X