This looks like a good idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This looks like a good idea

Maybe warbirds and other rare aircraft need this.

Re: This looks like a good idea

HUH??

Comment

That would take a lot of engineering and cost to put a 'Ballistic Recovery' system in the old birds. Nice thought though.

Comment

Maybe Cirrus can work on building an engine program that works! They put it out there to the public that it's this cool safety feature. Yet leave the part out that a Cirrus is unrecoverable in a spin and the CAPS system was installed into the airplane to avoid spin testing during certification. I have worked at three Cirrus service centers and will never touch another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
          Maybe Cirrus can work on building an engine program that works! They put it out there to the public that it's this cool safety feature. Yet leave the part out that a Cirrus is unrecoverable in a spin and the CAPS system was installed into the airplane to avoid spin testing during certification. I have worked at three Cirrus service centers and will never touch another one.
          I still like the engine out incident that caused a Cirrus pilot to go for the chute. He pulled the handle and nothing happened so he made a normal off field landing and walked away unharmed. Um...why was that not plan A.

Comment

I want to be there when they get the one installed on FIFI!

Comment

Working...
            X