P-38 flyover in Austin tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-38 flyover in Austin tx

Just got overflown by a P-38, T6, and F16 in formation, presumably part of the flyover for the F1 race qualifying here in Austin. Anyone know which P-38 it might be? Quite a rare sight anymore.

Re: P-38 flyover in Austin tx

Glacier Girl (and the rest of Rod Lewis' air force) lives just down the road from there so that would be my guess.

GP

Comment

Opening ceremony for the Circuit of the Americas F1 race. There should be a fly-over today around 12:47. Info via Live Airshow TV.
      Sky Critter

Comment

Could be Dan Friedkin too, he's a HF pilot from Texas. Thought's of Midnite is the aircraft.

Chappie

Comment

Originally posted by gp70442 View Post
          Glacier Girl (and the rest of Rod Lewis' air force) lives just down the road from there so that would be my guess.

GP
          Glacier Girl would be my guess too, just wondered if anyone hear heard for sure. Seeing a P-38 over my house sure was the best thing that the F1 race did for me all weekend ;-)

Comment

The Friedkin Family has a P-38 and are a part of the HF program.
            Dan Friedkin is a HF rated pilot who participated in this particular event.
            I dunno if they used GG or the Friedkin's P-38 for this.
            What does the video show? Thoughts of Midnight would have larger radiators and a deeper chin cowl than GG.

Comment

Nice picture on the COTA site of the Sunday flyover. But nothing with the T6 on practice/qualifying day.

Comment

Originally posted by 51fixer View Post
                The Friedkin Family has a P-38 and are a part of the HF program.
                Dan Friedkin is a HF rated pilot who participated in this particular event.
                I dunno if they used GG or the Friedkin's P-38 for this.
                What does the video show? Thoughts of Midnight would have larger radiators and a deeper chin cowl than GG.
                Thoughts of Midnight with February and Double Trouble Too.
                Cool stuff!

Comment

Thanks for the photos. I got to see them posted twice. Wish there was sound.
                  Lockheed Bob

Comment

Working...
                  X