Blue Skies Forever - Alan Smith - Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Skies Forever - Alan Smith - Help Needed

Just got a note that Alan Smith from Twain Harte, CA passed away suddenly on Sunday.

"He has been coming to the races and covering them for years. He has no family and a family friend has contacted me to ask if we can get donations to have him cremated. He will be buried at home pylon next year. Not sure if the media group knows him. If you could post something on your site, I have an address where donations can be sent."

c/o Lisa Silva
    P.O. Box 721
    Meewuk Village, CA 95346
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Blue Skies Forever - Alan Smith - Help Needed

Sad... Can any one set up a Pay Pal account?

Comment

Originally posted by AiRick View Post
      Sad... Can any one set up a Pay Pal account?
      Rick, not very hard to do so but I'd be leery of doing so unless in cooperation with Lisa. PayPal also nips a bit of each transaction.. not huge amount but significant, none-the-less...

I'm not sure I ever met Alan but if he rode the busses, I'm sure I've seen him..

Blue Skies Alan
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
        Rick, not very hard to do so but I'd be leery of doing so unless in cooperation with Lisa. PayPal also nips a bit of each transaction.. not huge amount but significant, none-the-less...

I'm not sure I ever met Alan but if he rode the busses, I'm sure I've seen him..

Blue Skies Alan
        You would have recognized him, Wayne.

He had been there for a LONG time.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
          You would have recognized him, Wayne.

He had been there for a LONG time.
          Oh man... I bet I would, does anyone have any photos? Some of us take shots of the fellow Pylon Press group... Would love to be able to picture him...
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Twain Harte is a litte resort community about 10 miles east of Sonora. I was rasied in Twain Harte, but moved away from there in the mid 70's although my parents lived there and operated a grocery store there till the 90's. I don't remember an Alan Smith, but he could have easily moved there after I left. I started loosing connections with many in the area after my folks moved away in the 90's. By the way, It's Miwuk no Meewuk. Blue Skies Mr Smith.
            Brian

Comment

If he was in the military the VFW/American Legion might help with costs. Blue Skies Alan.
              Lockheed Bob

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Photographer Gerald Maxwell posted a picture/tribute to Alan on Facebook. While some of you may not have known the name, I hope the media crowd recognizes the face. Alan had been out there at least as long as I had....and much longer, most likely.

Comment

Picture link doesn't work and I'm logged in to Wastebook. Found it by searching try this link:

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

I remember Alan well for his yearly reports in Pacific Flyer and my favorite memory is his appearance in the Skyfire 1988 video when commenting on Tsunami's then record race lap of 470. I don't know what happened with that inaccurate article he wrote recently that was commented either here or on WAp , it was not normal. Never met him in person but appreciated his work.
                  Last edited by John H; 11-17-2012, 05:09 PM.

Comment

I remember him. I never knew his name but his face was always around throughout the years.
                    Chris...

Comment

Working...
                    X