Fred Sebby's Air Race Drawings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Sebby's Air Race Drawings

Hi guys, Fred Sebby's sister Marcia here.
    I heard about this website from Chris Farinha and I just wanted to let you guys know that Fred's famous air race drawings depicting all the planes, pilots and the inside jokes of the 60s, 70s and 80s, are on display at the Auburn Airport gift shop and also on Capt. Eddie's website, faireyfirefly.com. I have kept Fred's memorial scholarship going for 22 years at the high school we attended. It is awarded for aviation, and if no one applies for that, for fine arts. So far it has gone about 50/50. Besides being a terrific pilot, Fred was a good artist and also had musical talent. On display also, is the drawing of Fred (along with the P-51 and P-40) done by Aviation Artist Lonnie Ortega.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AAFO_WSagar; 11-13-2012, 03:33 PM. Reason: added photo by request Chris Farinha

Re: Fred Sebby's Air Race Drawings

Awesome!! I absolutely loved his Reno pit drawings, and am glad that they're on display.

Thank you!

Comment

Marcia, welcome to the hangar! I'm glad you finally found us. I was trying to get you to post something about Fred when we met at Oshkosh a few years ago.. (Samson exhibitors).. Fun times, I sure wish we could get that video you showed us republished somehow!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hi Marcia....

As you know, Fred was also my Dad's best friend.... Until a few years ago, Fred had more time than anyone in what is now "Parrothead"....When Fred was diagnosed with Cancer, Dad simply gave him and Jill the airplane and said...GO!", and they did. They flew the **** out of it all over the country until it was time to stop.

I was just talking with Tiger at dinner a few weeks back and we started talking about Fred. Tiger told me about the last flight Fred took in his favorite (Fred's) plane of all time...the P-40. Fred was not looking so good healthwise and Tiger asked him if he wanted to take his P-40 out......It was the last P-40 flight for Sebby and an awefully god damn great jesture on the part of Tiger.

We have some original Reno artwork from Sebby hanging in our Maintenance Hanger of course (where we spend most of our time). If it were not for Fred, I don't think there would have been a chance in hell the Paul's would have ever entered racing at Reno.

"Very Special Man" does not even begin to describe Fred Sebby.

JC

Comment

Hi Marcia. Good talking with you at Reno. Fred was a great guy and will remain with us forever. The hi-jinks that he, Camp and JP pulled off were some of the funniest goings on that I have ever seen. The dike and the dog. When he and Arvin Pliss stole the bus at Madera. The clean contest. Wish I could write a book about it. See ya at Reno next year. Seghetti

Comment

Working...
          X