Way OT: Our Friends from Nevada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way OT: Our Friends from Nevada

1) Your vote matters nationally today more than those of us in less competitive states. (And you got to see all those fun commercials, I bet you can't wait until tomorrow when you can safely watch the TV again)

2) You have the opportunity locally to support those who supported the races when we needed help the most.

So please don't forget to vote....

Re: Way OT: Our Friends from Nevada

Wife and I voted this morning at Incline. Must be one of the most beautiful polling places in the country with all the amber colored aspen trees everywhere. Fingers crossed that our votes will make a difference.

Dennis

Comment

And the phone can be turned back on now!
      We averaged 15-20 calls a DAY for the last few weeks.
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
        And the phone can be turned back on now!
        We averaged 15-20 calls a DAY for the last few weeks.
        I'm guessing it was the usual heavy breathing followed by "Are you voting..........?"

One of the advantages of having a cell phone, I got a single call through the whole shabang......... I left it on and walked away, hope it saved someone somewhere from a call

Comment

Mostly robocalls. At the beginning, when I got a live one now and then, I would have some fun. Instead of just hanging up, yell "Just a minute!" and just set the phone down and walk away for a while. Ask them "Have you talked to Jesus today?" and they hang right up.
          After a while tho, we just turned off the ringers and checked messages at the end of the day. At the end the calls came as late as 10:30 p.m.
          I am just glad it is over. Soap and feminin product commercials never looked so good.
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Leo,

I ended up walking a few precincts in Reno last weekend. You could tell people had been contacted many, many times. Lot's of folks just put a sticker on the door reading "we've all voted", I thought that was very clever.

The weather was beautiful and every one I met was so friendly. Aside from the annual pilgrimage, I've never enjoyed Reno more. Our van driver was a race fan and keeps a 180 at Stead.

Comment

We were out at the RB crash site poking around. November 4, hot, and I got sunburned!
              2 days from now it is supposed to be a high of 37, low 15, and snow. Gotta love Reno in the fall.
              I can see how something, even a shiny gear door, could be difficult to find, and we were in relatively open areas. That door may still be sitting next to an outbuilding, abandoned car/truck/fridge/mattress/etc. and hard to see, even from the air.

Who knows.
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
              X