Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shake up in the works?

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
    Not enough Plugs, Coils, Leads, or Hot Dripping oil on a Griffon to keep Dialtapper happy, Without those there isn't enough Guiness in the world to keep his normal cheerful friendly disposition in stellar shape...........

J/K
    Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!

Although last time this happened I was told "Don't get too far from your tool bag boy, there's a Griffon in you future"

As the propeller turns..............
    Last edited by Dialtapper; 10-26-2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

"Wastebook" got a new funny term to add to my vocabulary. Awesome!

Comment

Not enough Plugs, Coils, Leads, or Hot Dripping oil on a Griffon to keep Dialtapper happy, Without those there isn't enough Guiness in the world to keep his normal cheerful friendly disposition in stellar shape...........

J/K
        Only by six cylinders!

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
          Only by six cylinders!
          Yah but he loves that only about 4-6 of the Jugs on a 3350 are at a convenient/accessible angle. My favorite is the dance (and smell of burning flesh) that results from pulling the back plug on #10 right after a flight.

And Dialtapper this is Seelye if you haven't figured it out yet........

Comment

Oh my! Is it terminal?!

Comment

Yah but he loves that only about 4-6 of the Jugs on a 3350 are at a convenient/accessible angle. My favorite is the dance (and smell of burning flesh) that results from pulling the back plug on #10 right after a flight.

Well Seelye, guess if was a Griffon even you could change plugs.
              Last edited by Dialtapper; 10-27-2012, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                Ummn... so much for keeping something "under my hat".... I'd been told there was some hope that this might "blow over"....

Guess not....
                Ya know...I wasn't starting any rumors here, Wayne. I was only passing on stuff that had been floating around for a week and was posted somewhere else by two first-hand participants....and saying IF it was true that I wanted to thank everyone for their efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                  Ya know...I wasn't starting any rumors here, Wayne. I was only passing on stuff that had been floating around for a week and was posted somewhere else by two first-hand participants....and saying IF it was true that I wanted to thank everyone for their efforts.
                  No problem here Brad... Many tentacles in a case like this.. folks I was talking with had some... hope?... myself included, that this might just be a bad dream...

Dunno if Scotty and Chris are completely aware of how many people see facebook posts.. both guys post here and I'm sure they will in days to come.. I too wish them all well, I had some of my best moments in my days at Reno spent with those guys... talk about low budget, pull a frickin rabbit out of a hat chit! Those were the days!

I'll make rocket fuel coffee and wipe parts for those guys any day of any week of any year!

Scuse me, I gotta go buy some lotto tickets.. I smell a winning race crew looking for an airplane to race!

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Ok, so I'm in the dark here a little....nothing new for me. I have some questions.

Does Rare Bear have a paid full time team? or one or two paid mechanics?
                    Does this mean racing is over for the bear and it will be put back to stock?
                    Are these the same guys that were working on American Spirit/Jackson-Cornell Racer (thanks Randy) in the bear hangar?
                    Are all the mechanics leaving?
                    Thanks
                    Brian
                    Last edited by supercub; 10-27-2012, 05:22 PM.

Comment

That is American Spirit (or, the 'Jackson-Cornell Racer' depending on whom you ask), not Shockwave, in the hangar at Stead.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                        Huh? Where did you get that?

Everything is to be inventoried and shipped. Yep, that's going to take a few big trucks.

Comment

So it's going to texas? Thanks to those who kept the bearcat flying. At least the pilot isn't suing the crew.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin View Post
                            (or, the 'Jackson-Cornell Racer' depending on whom you ask)
                            ahh... if you're callin' it that, don't ask Dave...
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by knot4u View Post
                              So it's going to texas? Thanks to those who kept the bearcat flying. At least the pilot isn't suing the crew.

Hmm and it's a terrible cross country airplane, so no more racing???

Comment

My guess is that it's heading down south to be with her new youthful crew chief/pilot.
                                Red
                                chanting...400+

Comment

Working...
                                X