Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New RARE BEAR model EPO

Hi Juan,

Tsunami, Super Corsair and Conquest 1 are 1/12 scale and powered with .30 four strokes for our local racing class. Nemesis and Invictus are electric powered and are for a National class called EF-1.
    Red
    chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by Ronbo View Post
      I will be modifying 4 park flyers from the Thunder Tiger series. Rare Bear, September Fury and 2 mustangs as Strega and 1979 Red Baron RB51 (with contra rotating props!)

I usually like to finish a model then fly. But since I will be doing alot of mods to all 4, I should have some fun. Planning on strengthening to go as fast as i can on 3s lipo and minimum 3 blade to 4 bladed prop. Not sure if i can hit my goal of 70mph, but i should learn alot. Also going for scale looks as well, as they will spend more time on display as flying.
      Ron,

We also race a foamy class at my club. I use a TT P-51 bashed into a Stiletto clone. With a park 450 outrunner on 3s it will easily do 70. Beyond that is not really a problem, but the airframes are pretty flexy so you have to reinforce.

I don't have a pic of my finished MA2, but here it is under construction. Nelson .15 and enclosed pipe gets it to about 160 mph. Also 1/12 scale.
      Attached Files
      Red
      chanting...400+

Comment

Hello Red
        I really like your models too bad we don`t have a racing class locally. My P-51 Stiletto would do about 130 Mph. I have started a 1/5 scale Stiletto but other things got in the way and I don`t know when I`ll finish it.Here is a video of my plane flying.
        Juan

P-51 Stiletto Reno Racer 1/8 scale model powered by a Rossi .45 with a Futaba radio.

Comment

Red,
          I plan on reinforcing with carbon spars and longerons, probably in vert and horizontal fins as well. Going to cover with Econocote for a nice shiny surface and going with what i know vs fiberglassing.

Comment

Working...
          X