• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New RARE BEAR model EPO

Looks kinda like a '50 Mercury.
    Chris...

Comment

In the video on the website, they do some track/truck/dolly shots where the video camera is on a slow moving dolly which gives it the "Hollywood" look.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone use a track/truck/dolly shots shot on the full size Rare Bear.

Comment

I'm glad to see more model companies doing racers, but it's too bad they missed so badly on the subtitles that make the Bear the Bear on the this one.
        Red
        chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by Red View Post
          I'm glad to see more model companies doing racers, but it's too bad they missed so badly on the subtitles that make the Bear the Bear on the this one.
          Something a bit of kit bashing will fix!

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
            Something a bit of kit bashing will fix!
            I miss the days when model airplanes came in kit-form Once upon a time the appearance and flying qualities of a model were derived from the modeler

Overheard at the flying field...."Dude, I just ordered (inset ARF here)... Sweet, man, did you get the red one....No, they're out of red ones till the next container, so I got a blue one"

Comment

Originally posted by N22252 View Post
              I miss the days when model airplanes came in kit-form Once upon a time the appearance and flying qualities of a model were derived from the modeler

Overheard at the flying field...."Dude, I just ordered (inset ARF here)... Sweet, man, did you get the red one....No, they're out of red ones till the next container, so I got a blue one"
              A-MEN, brother! I'm a staunch builder. I detest ARFs, but do have a few. Thus far, all but one I have kit-bashed with new covering and slight adjustments to suit my style.

fb
              Biplane Race #3

Comment

I like the Rare Bear arf but I like the sound of an internal combustion engine,would have to kit bash it. I like to build too and I scratchbuilt a P-51 Stiletto in 1999 powered with a Rossi.45 with a mini pipe and retracts. I flew it many times and still have it. Here are some pics. I love reno racers.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by flyboycpa View Post
                  A-MEN, brother! I'm a staunch builder. I detest ARFs, but do have a few. Thus far, all but one I have kit-bashed with new covering and slight adjustments to suit my style.

fb
                  There are those that like to build and those that like to fly.

I have built two planes from kits (flat wood and sticks). One was enough. If I want something scale and pretty to sit on my shelf, I'll use a kit. If I want to fly something I buy an ARF.
                  Last edited by flyingjibus; 10-29-2012, 07:43 AM.

Comment

ARF's fill a need that's for sure. I own a few, although I mostly scratch build. Here are a few of mine......
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Red; 10-29-2012, 08:46 AM.
                    Red
                    chanting...400+

Comment

I like to buy the ARF models and then redesign them with new motors and larger batteries. This then entails strengthening the model to handle the higher speeds and G-forces.
                      With the foam models covering in light fibreglass then makes quite a high performance model without too many hours of my work.
                      The extra weight makes them look great in the sky.

Comment

it you dont have to land it below stall speed and three point it or take it off with out lifting the tail then it's not a true R/C model

Comment

I will be modifying 4 park flyers from the Thunder Tiger series. Rare Bear, September Fury and 2 mustangs as Strega and 1979 Red Baron RB51 (with contra rotating props!)

I usually like to finish a model then fly. But since I will be doing alot of mods to all 4, I should have some fun. Planning on strengthening to go as fast as i can on 3s lipo and minimum 3 blade to 4 bladed prop. Not sure if i can hit my goal of 70mph, but i should learn alot. Also going for scale looks as well, as they will spend more time on display as flying.

Comment

Originally posted by Red View Post
                            ARF's fill a need that's for sure. I own a few, although I mostly scratch build. Here are a few of mine......
                            I really like that Super Corsair!
                            I have a GWS Mustang and Corsair that I'm bashing into racers. I also have the last Jim Ryan Rear Bear awaiting electronics.

Comment

hello Red
                              Those are some fine looking models,are they 1/12 scale?
                              Juan

Comment

Working...
                              X