Mustang Days 2012 Nut Tree Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang Days 2012 Nut Tree Airport

Since I haven't seen any other mention of the show, I thought I'd toss this out there.
    Saturday Oct 13. It sounds like there are 13 Mustangs scheduled, as well as a B25.

All the info is here. http://www.mustangsmustangs.us/theha...2&topic=1495.0

Will

Re: Mustang Days 2012 Nut Tree Airport

Does it cost money to attend?

Is there a schedule of events/website of what's going to happen on that day?

Here is the details from your link:

The 4th annual Mustang Days is next month on the 13th of October to be held at the Nut Tree airport in Vacaville, Currently I have 13 Mustangs confirmed, 11 D's one H model and perhaps 1 C- model not yet confirmed, plus other North American aircraft such as the AT-6 , T-28 Trojan and the B-25 Mitchell, soooo if you like the Mustang come on out to the Nut Tree on the 13th and enjoy the sights and sounds of some beautiful looking aircraft.

Plus 3 Thunder Mustangs !!!!! Blue Thunder 2,Cloud Chaser and miss Picabo

Larry Smigla
    Event Director
    Mustang Days
    707 437-2914
    p51smigla@aol.com
    Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 10-10-2012, 04:55 PM.

Comment

I believe it's $5 bucks to get in. They were promoting it at an event I was at last weekend. Proceeds are going to building an aviation museum at the Nut Tree Airport

Comment

as of tues pm I can confirm 5 thunders for sure !!!!!!
        Jim Adams
        Blue Thunder 2 crew
        Picabo race 51 crew
        Rapid Travel race 75 crew

Comment

Here is slightly more info from the Nut Tree website: http://www.nuttreeusa.com/#/Free_Events/

Says $5 entry and $5 parking. Benefits the Jimmy Doolittle Museum Foundation at the Travis Air Force Base.

Comment

Sweet! I flew in last year (no mustang) and had a time!
            Bill Garnett
            InterstellarDust
            Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Its a low key show, but still pretty cool. I've gone the past 3 years and its always been entertaining. I look forward to seeing who shows up. Heck, perhaps Voodoo will appear. Likely wishful thinking, but who knows.

Will

Comment

It was a good show. Some cool planes showed up.

Enjoy,
                Will

Comment

I wish we had a P51 fly-in during the Reno Races. A few show up at these air shows that you never see or even know they exsist.
                  Lockheed Bob

Comment

Will,

Great shots, thanks for posting.

I agree with Bob, sure would love to see more mustangs if only for display at Reno, any warbird for that matter.

Back in 2007 I was so excited when I heard Reno was going to be the site for the Gathering of Mustangs and Legends: The Final Roundup. Then in the end the gathering went to Cleveland. There is a book called "Gathering of Mustangs and Legends: The Final Roundup" and it contains 450 glossy images of the event, I just ordered my copy.

Comment

Perhaps it might be worth floating the idea past RARA for next year. A 50 year anniversary is sort of a big thing, and perhaps if they put the word out, pretty much calling all warbirds of all shapes and sizes, it could happen. If these guys can get 13 Mustangs, a P40, a B25, a Yak, and a Harpoon, I can't see why RARA couldn't get a few more planes to come in for static display.

Here are a few more shots.

Will

Comment

Working...
                      X