Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P-51C Mustang GoPro Cockpit video

Originally posted by Randy Haskin View Post
    How is Kermit 'self-made'? He inherited wealth his grandfather made exploring for oil.
    Let's see, aeronautical engineer/aircraft designer, champion aerobatic pilot, world class aircraft restorer/builder, finance manager/investor, CEO of non-profit aerospace museum. Don't think anybody did any of that but Kermit himself.

With respect to his finances, examples of kids/grandkids who came from money and amount to nothing are legion - Kermit may have been fortunate by birth, but has been successful on the merits of his own efforts.

Kermit has expanded on what he inherited, and has, thankfully, invested a portion of it in things we are fortunate that he shares with us, like this GoPro, Fantasy of Flight, the Weeks Solution, and many many more.

Men like Kermit are few and far between IMO, and I for one aspire to be like him.

Edited to add - this is from my perspective as an external observer, I do not know Kermit.
    Last edited by AcroGimp; 10-09-2012, 02:37 PM.
    sigpic
    1987 Yakovlev Yak-52
    Comm-Instr, High-Perf/Complex, TW

Comment

Originally posted by AcroGimp View Post
      When I grow up I want to be Kermit Weeks
      Interestingly enough, On Kermit's facebook profile he says "When I grow up, I want to be me."
      Bill Garnett
      InterstellarDust
      Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Originally posted by beachboss View Post
        I do love Kermit's love of warbirds but this is NOT one of a kind. It s identical to the 'Red Tail's P-51C.
        No, it is one of a kind. Well, one of two of a kind.

NX1204 is the very same airframe (not just paperwork or dataplate) in which Paul Mantz won the 1948 Bendix Trophy Race, and it was flown by Tommy Mason to third 1946 and 6th in '47, and Stan Reaver to second in the 1949 Bendix races.
        It's the sister to NX1202 in which Paul Mantz won the Bendix in 1946 and 1947, it hangs in the Smithsonian.

So, even though it is unfortunately painted and configured like a stock warbird and painted like every other Red Tail airplane, it is in fact a famous wet winged racer flown by a famous aviation celebrity and displayed in the Movieland of the Air Museum for some 35 years.

Chris...
        Last edited by stuntflyr; 10-12-2012, 01:12 PM.

Comment

a view from another polished C...video is in the works...jeans and all

Comment

Working...
          X