Warbirds over Paso Robles 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warbirds over Paso Robles 2012

I should have brought my better camera, but here are some pics anyways. Chino brought up some impressive hardware including the flying wing last Saturday. Sanders did a nice routine with the Sea Fury with wing smoke generators that made a lot of the crowd scratch their heads. And as a added bonus, many had to fly over my house Sunday morning going home while I enjoyed my coffee. Stevo turned it up a bit on his last fly by which sounded very nice indeed. Plans are to have the show next year also from what I heard.
    1960 Piper Comanche

Re: Warbirds over Paso Robles 2012

That looks like it was a heck of a show. Lots of cool stuff, Skyraiders, TBMs, Flying wings, I might have to head down there next year if they have it. Thanks for posting.

Will

Comment

It does look like it was a nice show -- and I hope next time you do think to bring a real camera.

Thanks for posting these...

Neal

Comment

I did not expect much when I went since the last few Paso air shows usually only featured model airplane demos. It was a real treat to see the N9M wing fly. I saw it many times in various states of restoration over the years in Chino but never in the air. Sure makes a strange noise while flying like most pusher props do. Its great that the Paso airshow is back in fine form especially nowadays since air shows are going away faster than the hair on my head. Only suggestion is that they need to do more advertising to bring in more spectators. Seems like the crowd was not large enough to pay the overhead - hope I'm wrong. Looking forward to next year especially since it falls on the heals of Reno.

And yes - I promise to bring the EOS next year
        1960 Piper Comanche

Comment

The Planes of Fame have officially partnered up and will be running this Air Show as an annual event. It was a GREAT Air Show...kind of like a smaller Chino. This promises to become one of the best Air Shows in California.

I flew the Boise Bee from Chino in a gaggle which we looked at once in the air and figured it was the first time EVER that this combination of fighters had flown in a formation together. We had the B-25, Yak-3, P-51C, P-38, FW-190 and F4U...It was very cool.

Thank you to the Planes of Fame and all of the volunteers for a safe and successful first annual Warbirds Over Paso Robles!

JC
          Last edited by JCP; 10-02-2012, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JCP View Post
            The Planes of Fame have officially partnered up and will be running this Air Show as an annual event. It was a GREAT Air Show...kind of like a smaller Chino. This promises to become one of the best Air Shows in California.

I flew the Boise Bee from Chino in a gaggle which we looked at once in the air and figured it was the first time EVER that this combination of fighters had flown in a formation together. We had the B-25, Yak-3, P-51C, P-38, FW-190 and F4U...It was very cool.

Thank you to the Planes of Fame and all of the volunteers for a safe and successful first annual Warbirds Over Paso Robles!

JC
            Hope someone got some good air-to-air shots of that formation.
            Sky Critter

Comment

On behalf of the Planes of Fame volunteers....it was our pleasure to help host this wonderful event. We had fantastic volunteers and lots of team work. We look forward to next years airshow!
              Cindy Novak-DeLaurell
              Assistant Volunteer Coordinator
              Planes of Fame Air Museum

Comment

That really does look like it a nice show. Thanks for posting. Enjoyed the photos.

Comment

Working...
                X