Pylon 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pylon 8

I often spend Sunday afternoon's Gold Race at Pylon 8. I think of it as a miserable place to shoot -- complete backlight, aircraft approaching too fast to get a lock on, and only one angle to shoot.

But, it is the best place on the course to really experience Strega hammering straight overhead at 500 mph.

However, I always shoot a few frames at least, just to feel like I'm there for a purpose rather than pure hedonistic enjoyment.

This is not really printable or publishable, but if I play with it a bunch, it ends up looking pretty good as a web image. It'a cool angle, and the tonality is even a bit surreal. I love the blue sky reflecting on the wings, and the desert reflecting in the fuselage...

Neal

Re: Pylon 8

Fledgling Air Race and P-51 Junkie

Comment

No matter how you slice it, there is nothing like a polished aluminum racer.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
        No matter how you slice it, there is nothing like a polished aluminum racer.
        This one slices both ways

Comment

If'n you ask me,that's a darn fine photo!

Thanks for tweaking,and tuning it,so you think it is acceptable to post here.

Not sure I'd even be able to take ANY pictures at that spot.I'm certian I'd be so captivated by just watching from that spot no mega-pixels in my camera would be exposed.

I appreciate all the photos, all you photograpers are sharing.

Keeping posting them!

Brian(B2)

Comment

Originally posted by BKB View Post
            If'n you ask me,that's a darn fine photo!

Thanks for tweaking,and tuning it,so you think it is acceptable to post here.

Not sure I'd even be able to take ANY pictures at that spot.I'm certian I'd be so captivated by just watching from that spot no mega-pixels in my camera would be exposed.

I appreciate all the photos, all you photograpers are sharing.

Keeping posting them!

Brian(B2)

No doubt! I'd be standing there with my mouth wide open just watching! Someone would ask "Aren't you gonna use your camera?" and I'd say "What camera!!" Great picture!

Comment

I like that shot! And for the reasons you stated...I would like your permission to post it on my photobucket site.

Comment

Working...
              X