Phantom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Phantom

I don't know -- Vito is a VERY interesting man, with a very good and well developed airplane (with another very special prop), but he does not have Hubler's wonderful wing, nor that Hubler motor.

Can he really challenge Endeavor? He thinks so. It could indeed be very interesting...

Neal

Comment

This year he had a motor problem. The fought it till I think friday night and finally replaced some cylinders. They thought they would have to change the motor at first, then discovered the problem. I think that with out the gremlin they would have been faster than what we saw.

That being said.....

....Endeavor did set a new qualifying record of I think 260ish

Thats wicked fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
        This year he had a motor problem. The fought it till I think friday night and finally replaced some cylinders. They thought they would have to change the motor at first, then discovered the problem. I think that with out the gremlin they would have been faster than what we saw.

That being said.....

....Endeavor did set a new qualifying record of I think 260ish

Thats wicked fast.
        He also is the only one (I think) running electronic ignition in F1 right now. I have heard about some other trickery to come, but we'll see what they come with next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
          He also is the only one (I think) running electronic ignition in F1 right now. I have heard about some other trickery to come, but we'll see what they come with next year.
          Hi Guys. Vito is not the only one with electronic ignition as we are too! As far as all of the faith in September Fate, THANK YOU! We hope so too!!!!!

We are also going down the path of alternative props and have been for a while. Thats the reason why we built a starter into the airplane because the small Lipps props are not happy being hand propped. We'll see what next year brings as there are a few other new airplanes rumored to be built and ready. It should be interesting to say the least!

Neal thanks for including September Fate in the list of beautiful air racers!!!
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
            I have high hopes for SF next year!
            Thanks Leo!
            Brian

Comment

Well Brian -- it is beautiful! Keep checking in here. I'm going to be starting a September Fate thread, hopefully today. I hope you'll be willing to comment on the airplane. There is much interest...

Neal

Comment

Working...
              X