Pictures after Sunday's Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures after Sunday's Gold

I thought I'd post a few pictures I snapped from after the Gold race. I also have some from back by pylon 6 that I'll post later today or this weekend. Enjoy!

A Witch and her Gold!

Re: Pictures after Sunday's Gold

Are those HDR shots? Love the Dreadnought one especially.

Comment

Looks like Lightroom's "Clarity" function.
      Scotty G

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty G View Post
        Here I was thinking that he had the incandescent settings in his camera all cranked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty G View Post
          I'm finding that this funtion is sort of hard to get right and very easy to over do. It doesn't look bad in Lightroom, but as soon as you look at the pic outside of lightroom, it looks way oversharpened, and unnatural. Just a touch goes a very long way.

Will

Comment

Yup, clarity function was a part of it. I did up that particular photo for specifically that effect, to make it look a little unnatural.

Here's some more photos from the weekend.

Comment

Really quite nice stuff Eric!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Great shots!

I especially like the 8th one in the second set where Bear only wishes he could catch Strega!

Don

Comment

EXCELLENT pictures! You have a very good eye for 'the shot.'

Comment

Nice work, Eric! Were the Gold Heat shots taken from "High G Ridge"? If so, how long a lens and how much were they cropped? They look really nice...

Neal

Comment

It's stuff like this that make me wonder why I even bring a camera. Outstanding work!

Comment

Neal,

The pictures were taken from the fenceline just down from the high G ridge. Out on Lemmon dr off of Red Rock. It's not quite like shooting from the pylons, I'm sure, but it's a nice spot. The lens was a 300mm zoom. They're cropped various amounts, the most being the one of Strega with the bear in hot pursuit.

Comment

So there were no cops at Red Rock and Lemmon Drive? For years there were always either Sheriff Deputies or Rent a Cops there, because of an increasing problem with Lookiloos and drunk spectators all over the back of the course.

Thanks for the information, and nice work on the photos!

Neal

Comment

Absolutely great stuff. I'm always impressed with how well Dreadnought photographs, given such a simple and straightforward paint scheme. The extra nose length for the 4360, wide-chord prop blades, and the 2-seat canopy make it a standout.

Also I'm always impressed with the amount of heat shimmer you get behind the racers- a LOT of heat going out the back of them, even the V12s. When you imagine how much air instantly dilutes the cooling air (radiator or cowl) and exhaust gasses, its even more amazing how hot that rejected is.

Comment

Working...
                            X