Steven Hinton's WindTunnel interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven Hinton's WindTunnel interview

Saw Steve Hinton Jr. interviewed by Dave Despain on ESPN's Windtunnel program from last Sunday night...

Very nice interview!

What a Smile that kid has!

Steven was very well spoken for himself, said all the right things, I'm sure made his dad very proud...The kid looked and sounded great.

And he commented that he would like to try Nascar or something...suggesting if anybody had a door "IN", he would be interested....

I tell you, if that "kid" can manage Strega around Reno...... and gets into Nascar, .....those Nascar boys better Watch Out! ...Move over Danica!

Re: Steven Hinton's WindTunnel interview

Thanks for the heads up...
    Found a link:
    Motorsports coverage includes news, highlights, rankings and more spanning NASCAR, Formula 1, NHRA, ARCA, MotoGP, IndyCar and more auto racing circuits.

Comment

... Good Stuff ... nice exposure.

Comment

Pure class! Just like his dad, classy guy and one hellava pilot.

Comment

Great opportunity for Steve and the NCAR, and Stevo knocks it out of the park! Kudos to him and Dave Despain.

Something I realized while watching: back in WWII, a P-51 pilot at Steves age, would likely have been referred to by his fellow pilots as "The Old Man".

Comment

Solid piece! Steve did a great job representing himself and the sport. Despain gets credit too for great questions and video. Did you catch the mention of Sena and Prost? Two former great F1 drivers. At the end Steve gets in a request for an open wheel ride, not a NASCAR ride! Shows he's a student of 4 wheel racing too!

Comment

That was a great interview! Thank you Glider for posting it!!

Race 29
              Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Well spoken and intelligent young man with opportunities most could only dream of. I bet he'll get his shot at open wheel racing - if I owned a team I'd kick his door in.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Oberev View Post
                  Solid piece! Steve did a great job representing himself and the sport. Despain gets credit too for great questions and video. Did you catch the mention of Sena and Prost? Two former great F1 drivers. At the end Steve gets in a request for an open wheel ride, not a NASCAR ride! Shows he's a student of 4 wheel racing too!
                  Apparently not a good student! NASCAR is where it's at, not Formula 1!
                  Biplane Race #3

Comment

Originally posted by flyboycpa View Post
                    Apparently not a good student! NASCAR is where it's at, not Formula 1!
                    Actually, I would like to see him go in for GT racing - Porsches, Corvettes, Bimmers, etc. with a roll cage. Maybe that's only because I'm a dad...

Has anyone made the transition from pylon racing to 4-wheeled racing in the modern era? Didn't the Whittingtons go from wheels to wings? Bob Hannah raced two wheels first. I wonder how that would work for Steve although, since he's shown an interest, I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone to a Bondurant or Barber type school.
                    Last edited by 88SC; 09-20-2012, 01:41 PM.

Comment

NASCAR is a tough animal which takes years to master. I think Tiger could speak to Mario and see what opportunities are out there for Steve. Mario is an aviation enthusiast and I believe a certified pilot. Mario always compares open wheel racers to fighter jets. NASCAR to cargo planes! Lol. Steve's best bet would be to get his feet wet in GT racing and then evaluate his options.

Comment

Considering Tiger's ties to Jack Roush, that would be the best NAPCAR entry point for Steven. I hope he goes with an open wheel series though. He seems to have a love for that type of racing and is well versed in the history of F1 and Indy Car. I think one of the jet guys is involved in the Star Mazda series. Maybe he could get a foot in there. It's a great starting point for an open wheel career.
                        Last edited by Race5; 09-21-2012, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X