• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Speaking of races...

How did your race go RAD2LTR ?

Re: OT: Speaking of races...

Bob,
    I've had better races in the rain. Not sure what was going on but a kinda forgot how to drive fast. In an autocross you get 4 runs, my first one was my fastest and I made lots of mistakes. The car was also handling strangely. Other people running the same tires I am were having similar issues, so I can't blame it all on myself, my car or my tires, it was a combination of all the above. I think I was 5th or 6th, but everyone who was ahead of me were well back in the points, and the guy in 2nd place finished one place ahead of me I think so I didn't really give up any points to him.

The good news is that I was able to make it from Monterey back home in time to watch the Unlimited Gold race on the computer.

I was looking for you in the bleachers Saturday. I ended up watching the races from there most of the say since I toured the pits at night, and again at sunrise, there was nothing left to see. So far I'm about 1/3 of the way through editing my pics, I think I've got some good stuff to post when I get through processing them.

It was great meeting you and your wife.

Cheers,
    Will

Comment

Here are a couple of shots taken from previous events, starting with the "rad 2 liter" (named by a friend about 10 years ago.)

and the street car... It gets the job done, usually.

Yes, the Datsun is way faster than the M3 (about 4 seconds or so.)

Will
      Last edited by RAD2LTR; 09-18-2012, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Great pictures !

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
        Not sure what was going on but a kinda forgot how to drive fast.
        Will... time to speak with Steven ?? j/k

Good to see you at the top of the list. Good Job.

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
        I was looking for you in the bleachers Saturday.
        Sorry I missed you Saturday. Was in the pits all day Friday so let the wife and son to do their thing both Saturday and Sunday while I 'doggy watched' from the reserved parking lot w/ 97.7 on radio dial. They spent some time in the seat on Sunday, but not Saturday. While I didn't have my normal centerline finish pylon view, it was still somewhat acceptable with periodic glimpses.

Oh... next time, get a gate key (chuckle)

Bob
        Last edited by Tibia; 09-18-2012, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Dig the E30. That's my next project.

Comment

Working...
          X