232's Potential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 232's Potential

Does anyone else besides me think that September Fury was held back in grand fashion?
    "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Re: 232's Potential

TEAM is the key word.
    SF did as well as SF could possibly have done (coming from a BIG S.F. fan)

Hooter is a true Gentleman and I appreciate what he did.

TJ
    Tom Johnson,
    Aviation Insurance Broker / Yak 50 Owner
    www.airpowerinsurance.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
      Does anyone else besides me think that September Fury was held back in grand fashion?
      Talked with Hoot after he first passed Bear, he said he asked the boss if he was in trouble for passing bear, "boss" replied "you can pass the Bear anytime you can pass the Bear"... There wasn't really any sandbagging going on, they had a new engine, needed to get time on it, Hoot ran what he was told to run... Obviously, Sunday's result says it all..

Congratulations Hoot!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
        Talked with Hoot after he first passed Bear, he said he asked the boss if he was in trouble for passing bear, "boss" replied "you can pass the Bear anytime you can pass the Bear"... There wasn't really any sandbagging going on, they had a new engine, needed to get time on it, Hoot ran what he was told to run... Obviously, Sunday's result says it all..

Congratulations Hoot!
        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

cant wait till next year to see what s.f. has

Comment

Congratulations Hoot!
            From what we could see on the live feed, and from my friends that were there Hoot Gibson flew a much better line. I think it would be interesting to have Hoot fly the Bear and get his opinion on the plane. However I'm just a video railbird that has nothing to add. It sure would be great for one year to take Lyle Shelton's advice and let Skip Holm race the Rare Bear.
            John Slack

Comment

Originally posted by BellCobraIV View Post
              From what we could see on the live feed, and from my friends that were there Hoot Gibson flew a much better line. I think it would be interesting to have Hoot fly the Bear and get his opinion on the plane. However I'm just a video railbird that has nothing to add. It sure would be great for one year to take Lyle Shelton's advice and let Skip Holm race the Rare Bear.
              Aren't you just a guy who used to be somebody?

Move over, Sparky...another usta-be wants to take a load off.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                Aren't you just a guy who used to be somebody?

Move over, Sparky...another usta-be wants to take a load off.
                No man I'm just a cell phone armed video railbird.
                John Slack

Comment

No man I'm just a cell phone armed video railbird.
                  Ahem....I think my cell phone takes very nice pictures at the pylons, thank you very much.

Good day, sir!
                  Attached Files

Comment

It sure would be great for one year to take Lyle Shelton's advice and let Skip Holm race the Rare Bear.
                    Not to take anything away from anyone else who has ever raced the Bear, I'd echo that emotion... In fact, it would be interesting, if only for the sake of argument, to see how different pilots would do in the various airplanes at Reno... B4 anyone slams me for the lack of reality in that comment (no, I've not yet found my crakpipe ).. I realize that this would not likely ever happen... at least not on a large scale...
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Not to take anything away from anyone else who has ever raced the Bear, I'd echo that emotion... In fact, it would be interesting, if only for the sake of argument, to see how different pilots would do in the various airplanes at Reno... B4 anyone slams me for the lack of reality in that comment (no, I've not yet found my crakpipe ).. I realize that this would not likely ever happen... at least not on a large scale...
                      Wayne,
                      I believe Dialtapper has a crackpipe you can borrow.......

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                        Wayne,
                        Last edited by AAFO_WSagar; 09-20-2012, 07:01 PM. Reason: centered for visual improvement
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                          Wayne,
                          After PM's qualifying speed said crackpipe was tossed out the window.

Unfortunately, from what I've read on here, some Grampa goober now has one in each hand.

Comment

From what we could see on the live feed, and from my friends that were there Hoot Gibson flew a much better line.
                            Agreed. He was on rails.

Comment

Looked that way to me. He looked like he flew a low, tight, and consistent line in every race...it only changed when he attempted or made passes wide and/or high, which makes sense. Very smooth flying by Hoot.
                              "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
                              -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Working...
                              X