Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PM

Default Re: PM

If Stew saw it depart coming down the shoot, he didnt say anything about it then. I had my scanner glued to my ear from the time they started the engines to the time they all were on the ground.

First word from Stew was after passing home pylon on lap 2. and he said something like, Thom I can see your wheels. That was the first anything was said about it.

The call to Thom was from Dennis just after rounding pylon 1 on lap 2 or 3 I believe.
    Sky Critter

Quote Originally Posted by wolfee View Post
    If Stew saw it depart coming down the shoot, he didnt say anything about it then. I had my scanner glued to my ear from the time they started the engines to the time they all were on the ground.

First word from Stew was after passing home pylon on lap 2. and he said something like, Thom I can see your wheels. That was the first anything was said about it.
    I'm not certain he did see it. I was told that after that race, he said that he saw it come off down the chute but I did not hear him say it. If he did see it I doubt he would have known what it was or where it came from at the time. It would just be something shinny out of the corner of the eye for .000001 seconds.

Note the cowl damage.

Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

There is a pic on WAP that shows it coming off down the chute

the big dent forward of the wheel wells I'm guessing is pressure differential.

I didnt see it there once they were back on the ground. But then again I was on the other side of the K Bars, and didnt have the best view with everyone looking at the missing clam shell. I didnt see anyone looking that far forward either. if it was there on the ground, I think we would have seen them looking at that as well.

looks like they needs to add some bracing on the lower end of the cowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cat View Post
    There is a pic on WAP that shows it coming off down the chute
    And some good info too. Thanks Arctic Cat.
    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Thom would like to get the gear door back ASAP if possible. There is some hard to find hardware on it that could potentially be re-used.

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Sawbones was landing a little slow and PM starting getting close and went around. the gear problum was found by whoever PM was racing heard it on the scanner.
    I'm not sure Thom was really landing, I was told that he was actually doing a gear check but was still told to go around because he was getting too close... Didn't ask Thom tho, so... to be taken with grain of salt...
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

another close up from the last round in the course showing the affected area.