X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are all winners

Strega, 232, Buick and Miss A.

Safe week, and see you next year.
    Last edited by planecrazy2; 09-16-2012, 05:01 PM.
    '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Re: We are all winners

Originally posted by planecrazy2 View Post
    Strega, 232, Buick and Miss A.

Safe week, and see you next year.
    Great runs by 232 and the Buick (consistent as always, good to see her back on the podium again!)

Darn shame about the Bearcat. Obviously the power was there to stay ahead of 232 this year, but not for long enough.

Still waiting for some factual info on what happened... ie, roughness, power loss, or was it just running hot for too long staying ahead of 232 and Dawson pulled up to protect the engine?

It just kills me to think that Strega may never be back and we never got a real battle between Bear, 232, and (pick one) Dago Red, Strega, and Voodoo with all of them at the top of their game.

Still... just having the races was a big win and that's the intent of this thread.

Comment

It was a great day. Lots of good racing going on in all classes. Congrats to everyone who helped make this year happen. We needed a great year like this.

Mike B.

Comment

The gold race was pretty much a replay from Friday and Saturday. Strega jumped on the lead and just turned consistant fast laps. Stew appeared to be putting up more of a fight today but it wasn't long before he had problems again. I assume it was induction temps but it may have been one of the other systems. On the last lap when it appeared he might be able to hold off 232 he was forced to pull out.

I'm still a bit foggy on the new lap times and whether or not a properly running Rare Bear would have had something for Strega. I didn't see the individual lap speeds on the RARA sight but he seemed to be running faster for the first few laps today. Maybe if they hadn't had the problems this summer they would have had it sorted out by now.

But you show up one day a year in this sport and have to have everything working perfectly to win. Strega's done that for the last 4 or 5 years. An absolutely domminating performance.

Comment

Totally agree with that! We're ALL winners in that RARA pulled it off, we saw great racing in all classes and we had a (relatively safe year.....get well soon Furias) Which brings up a question. She qualified 3rd. If it wasn't for the gear mishap, ya think she could beat Hoot and 232? I think Hoot did a FABULOUS job with 232 and looked really clean and fast. I just wonder what the outcome would've been with Furias in the field.

Guess we'll all find out next year.

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum View Post
            Great runs by 232 and the Buick (consistent as always, good to see her back on the podium again!)

Darn shame about the Bearcat. Obviously the power was there to stay ahead of 232 this year, but not for long enough.

Still waiting for some factual info on what happened... ie, roughness, power loss, or was it just running hot for too long staying ahead of 232 and Dawson pulled up to protect the engine?

It just kills me to think that Strega may never be back and we never got a real battle between Bear, 232, and (pick one) Dago Red, Strega, and Voodoo with all of them at the top of their game.

Still... just having the races was a big win and that's the intent of this thread.
            Rare Bear had the ADI pump quit on Sunday and had to pull out of the race. They still never quite figured out their heating problems and decided to save the motor for another day.

Comment

I agree, what a great year! It was sure nice to see Sunday racing to see what everyone really had. First place was pretty much a no contest in every class but there was some great racing elsewhere in the field.

I thought the air shows were also great. Nice to have the Raptor, Rhino, and Patriots for the non diehard race fans.

Only my 5th year at the races, I'd say this year was my best. Seemed like the crowd had a lot emotionally in common as so many were there last year. People were applauding more than I've seen before, during the races, for the pilots on the firetruck, for the inverted pass, for just about everything! And no I wasn't in Section 3.

I gotta say the best beer I had all weekend was Sunday evening when the races were done and everyone was safely on the ground.

See ya in 2013!
              Jeff

Comment

Working...
              X