Patriot Demo Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriot Demo Team

Was sitting in the grandstands today watching Patriots Demo Team and their announcer delcared that the Airboss had given them a "Knock it Off" order and supsended their routine. This happened right after a VERY low pass show center over runway 8. When I say low I mean man height. Did anyone hear anything on Race Control or hear anything on this. Great routine by the way. VERY agressive though.
    "Lighten Up Francis....."

Re: Patriot Demo Team

Been wondering the same thing. A LOT of animated talking going on out on the ramp among the pilots.
    I assumed it was that pass. Anyone know the real reason?
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Yeah it had to be that pass. I liked how they played the lowrider music too But haven't heard anything official. Also a very tight performance.

Comment

they did the same pass on Friday, maybe they were given a warning and didn't heed it????
        Ron Henning

Comment

talked to them and the air boss said they cut the corner but video showed they didn't and said even got an apology. it wasn't the low pass

Greg
          Last edited by gv71; 09-16-2012, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Its funny, my friend Fred always mentions stuff like this: They are the Patriot jet team with their red white and blue theme, but their jets are FOREIGN IMPORTS!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by John H View Post
              Its funny, my friend Fred always mentions stuff like this: They are the Patriot jet team with their red white and blue theme, but their jets are FOREIGN IMPORTS!!!!!!!!!
              Not only that, but Commie foreign imports!

Comment

Defectors that have seen the light!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin L View Post
                  Defectors that have seen the light!
                  That's funny!

My friend and I were commenting that their paints scheme seems very "Soviet-esque". Paint those stars red on their tails and you're all set!

Good display and flying skills, definitely. But if I hear "God Bless the USA" at one more airshow I'm going postal.
                  Last edited by Suds; 09-17-2012, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Glad the low pass was not the issue. Saturday's was pretty low...
                    Jim
                    Attached Files

Comment

FYI............That would be a DQ for the Unlimiteds and we've already seen what an L-39 looks like when it "ties the record" a few thousand feet behind where this photo was taken. Totally unnecessary and irresponsible in my opinion and that is the absolute LAST kind of risk taking that we needed this year. I have no idea about the "Knock it off" but I would be glad if it were for this pass and the Fed's slapped them for it.

JC

Comment

I agree. I had a head full of "what ifs" after that pass. Sure glad Sunday's was higher.
                        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

That Patriots are all pro's, former military demo, all with day jobs, and they fly an excellent routine. There was no issue if FAA apologized, seriously, when do they ever apologize?

They have crafted an outstanding show and are an absolute joy to experience.

A good airshow performer creates the illusion of risk through extreme precision, and these guys are top shelf.

I was surprised by the knock-off call and suspected the low pass myself since it was, as always, very impressive, but the low pass was not the subject of the knock-off, and after reviewing actual evidence FAA apologized, 'nuff said.
                          sigpic
                          1987 Yakovlev Yak-52
                          Comm-Instr, High-Perf/Complex, TW

Comment

JC thanks for participating, I wasn't there this year and only saw this pass in the picture in this thread. I understand this would be a DQ in the racing environment, but a single pass by an airshow performer, isn't that a little different?

Comment

Nope. It's an unnecessary risk that was not needed, especially this year. All the racers were very mindful of what was at stake this year and the performers should be held to the same standard. I've personally never heard an Air Boss call a "knock it off" on an act without something going very wrong. I don't know what else it could have been.

JC

Comment

Working...
                              X