X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another No Contest

Strega....again, smoked the field.
    First lap 506 down to about 460 on the final
    ...going off the rails on a crazy train....

Re: Another No Contest

Strega seems to have it dialed but I think the Bear can hang with her if he can keep the hammer down. Obviously yesterday and today he couldn't. Hope they figure it out before tommorrow.

The wild card has to be 232. Not like he overpowered the Bear but the airplane seems to be running pretty smooth right now. I remember when 232 won the gold and it was a lot faster then. Wonder if they have enough motor in it this year to run like that tommorrow?

Comment

This is the either the ultimate sandbag by the Bear, or they ain't got nothin' for Strega! So sad.

Kevin

Comment

As I said in another post, as a HUGE Strega fan.

I'm pretty broken up about this. . .

Don

Comment

Originally posted by FuryFan View Post
          This is the either the ultimate sandbag by the Bear, or they ain't got nothin' for Strega! So sad.

Kevin
          I'm bettin there's several sand bags up there. But having said that, team Strega has found the secret to keeping a Merlin happy and together at those speeds. Years past the radials would just hang back and push the Mustangs waiting for the eventual.

Yesterday we did the east side hill, Will "RAD2LTR" joined us, today we did the west side back stretch. What a great weekend, great weather and we have air racin, what more could we ask for. After the gold today, we all cheered that another successful/safe day of air racing finished.

Tomorrow its Section 3 and it will be a very special day for sure.

Comment

if the bear isnt right can pm make the podium?..or are they all saving it till tomorrow?
            just checked the results on the rara site...any idea why blue11 didnt start?
            and is kevin taking it easy or hasnt he got the poke at the moment

Comment

Blue 2 had a short circuit on one of the wires in the gear, so in short it had gear problems. Fixing it tonight ready for tomorrow.
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by cdtpf60 View Post
                if the bear isnt right can pm make the podium?..or are they all saving it till tomorrow?
                just checked the results on the rara site...any idea why blue11 didnt start?
                and is kevin taking it easy or hasnt he got the poke at the moment
                I would venture to think that RB and SF are saving it for Sunday. No use in pushing it until then. Yeah, Strega has been blistering the course, but it don't mean anything until Sunday............Here's hoping for an awesome Gold race!
                "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                  I'm bettin there's several sand bags up there. But having said that, team Strega has found the secret to keeping a Merlin happy and together at those speeds. Years past the radials would just hang back and push the Mustangs waiting for the eventual.

Yesterday we did the east side hill, Will "RAD2LTR" joined us, today we did the west side back stretch. What a great weekend, great weather and we have air racin, what more could we ask for. After the gold today, we all cheered that another successful/safe day of air racing finished.

Tomorrow its Section 3 and it will be a very special day for sure.

Hans, thanks for the invite. That was awesome watching from up there. I think I got some good stuff. Its going to take me a good week to sort the pics out however. I shot a lot last night in the dark and quite a few this morning before the sun came up.

It was a great weekend and the weather couldn't be more perfect. Good racing from everyone, although I did notice that the nagging mechanical issue this year is landing gear issues. Furias, the Yak in the bronze, and Blue2 Thunder Mustang. Its all good though, none of the issues turned into bigger ones (aside from Furias) and everyone is ready to race tomorrow. I wish I could be there.

Will

Comment

Kevin
                    I posted a picture in another thread showing the Bear crew discovering that Stu was getting a bad overtemp reading on his gauge.... she's fixed now, it's going to get really interesting today in the Gold race... I'm gonna post it (pic) here also..
                    Attached Files
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I thought they discovered the sensor issue after Friday's race... but it was still a problem for Saturday??

Comment

Kevin
                        No sandbagging they had temperature problems!

Comment

Originally posted by RichH View Post
                          I thought they discovered the sensor issue after Friday's race... but it was still a problem for Saturday??
                          They replaced the sensors and still had heating problems on Saturday!

Comment

Bear simply isn't as fast as Strega...why is that so hard to accept?

Comment

Originally posted by grampi View Post
                              Bear simply isn't as fast as Strega...why is that so hard to accept?
                              Not at the moment it isn't. Plus Strega has the kid in the cockpit and he seems fearless. They need a young and fearless pilot for RB. When "the kid" climbed into Strega a few years ago you could feel the energy and the team jelled around him. Win, win, win. Rare Bear has fallen into a funk partly because Lyle, and then Penney climbed out of the airplane for good. Get the right jock in there and the motivation to win will follow.

When Strega breaks the Bear's world speed record, only then will Strega be faster than Rare Bear. And I say that as a fan of both airplanes.
                              Last edited by Nobody; 09-18-2012, 08:20 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

Working...
                              X