Rare Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear

What's the current situation with the Bear? Did it require major work last night/today? Any info would be appreciated.

Kevin

Re: Rare Bear

Looked like they were working on the boil off system, ran engine with wing panel missing this AM. After today's race looks like it quit again. Still don't think they have anything for Strega until they do aero mods like they had a few years ago. But that's all guesswork on my part, could be way wrong.
    Ron Henning

Comment

The bear has a cooling issue and has to throttle back after a couple laps. If Strega doesn't break they cannot catch them.

Comment

Well as a HUGE Strega fan, sorry to hear this. . .

Don

Comment

I asked point blank, if they could brake Strega. I was told no, or at least not until they figure out the induction problem.

When I went be Sat night at 7:30ish. they were working on the top of the engine behind all those cylinders.

Comment

They got Pete Law working on her at 7:40 this morning. Might be cooling

Comment

Stu had to back out of it because he thought she was overheating.. they found bad temp sensors last night, unsure what they are doing today... Heading down there in a bit to gather info, will report back here...
              Attached Files
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

one of the worlds most complicated internal combustion engine in a racing environment and they have 1 sensor for temp?

Comment

temp sensor for each cylinder i believe, 1 gauge in cockpit probably takes an average reading while telemtry monitors all?

Comment

They replaced the digital temperature gauges on Friday night with the original analog system, but still had heating problems on Saturday's race.

Don't forget prior to the races they only could test the motor at 9,000 feet above the course were it's colder and thinner air and didn't have a chance to run the motor at course level till qualifying.

Comment

Working...
                    X