GG. Can't Get it Out of My Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GG. Can't Get it Out of My Head

Don't want to be a bummer, but I keep looking up and following the path that GG took...up..over and then down.
    Weird...anyone else???
    ...going off the rails on a crazy train....

Re: GG. Can't Get it Out of My Head

Originally posted by a4gturn View Post
    Don't want to be a bummer, but I keep looking up and following the path that GG took...up..over and then down.
    Weird...anyone else???
    There are counselor's on the field, they have been helping many fans and RARA staff... They are located right by the blue Cessna 195, west end reserved seating.. they are there for you if you want..
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

It's called Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, PTSD. Lots of information online regarding it. Here's Wikipedia's version: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posttra...tress_disorder

Comment

Today we went on the hill, same place as we did last year. I remember the last lap well "Go Ghost Go".

I've done a lot of grieving over the last year. This Sunday when we go to our usual seats in Section 3, I will bring extra Kleenex for the introduction and memorials.

Being a long time air race fan, I have paid my respects in my own way to all that died that September day.

But rest assured, I will joining every one, including the spirits of all the friends/family/fellow fans that we lost in giving a big cheer when the engines start and we have the Sunday finals.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-14-2012, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Hadnt seen this posted here yet..

Comment

Good article. A few factual errors, but nicely done by the reporter. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I used a PTSD guy after last year.
              Eye movement trick fixed me almost instantly.
              Tom Johnson,
              Aviation Insurance Broker / Yak 50 Owner
              www.airpowerinsurance.com

Comment

What trick is that?

Comment

Originally posted by De Camara View Post
                  What trick is that?
                  I think he might be refering to rapid eye movement desensitization.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow View Post
                    I think he might be refering to rapid eye movement desensitization.
                    That was it, forgot the name.
                    For me, it was very helpful. And for several others too.
                    Tom Johnson,
                    Aviation Insurance Broker / Yak 50 Owner
                    www.airpowerinsurance.com

Comment

I was surprised on how few times I thought about it. When I did There is still a sense of denial.

Comment

Same here. I lived through it , but its gone somewhere in my brain that's detached from reality. I came here as part of the healing process. I went to the spot and the stands today and sat through the NTSB presentation. I thought I would be a mess of tears coming up over the hill first time Friday but it has not happened. Yes I've replayed the scene a lot this weekend .

Comment

I work out at Stead, I'm out there most every day. I'm also at the airport at least once a month. So just being there has never been an issue with me.

Been out at the races since Monday, watching every unlimited race and qual session. I didnt have a problem till Fridays heat race when dread caught dirty air rounding 2, and almost got turned upside down. From that point, my stomach felt like that Jelly Belly wheel was in there spinning, and it didnt stop till all planes were safely on the ground. I went to the same place (Saturday) and watch the race, and I was just fine.

The only thing to really bother me all week was the vacuum cleaners/lawn darts and the Patriots. Then I just went to my safe (as could be) spot and hit till they were done flying. They just scare the hell out of me.

Wolfee

Comment

Working...
                          X