WTF? Loudspeakers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WTF? Loudspeakers???

Well said Wayne!! Nothing to complain about!!

Race 29
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

I wasn't there this year, but I understand the complaint about the loudspeakers. It happens at most aviation events I attend. They are speaking to the non-aviation folks in the crowd. How often have you heard "The P-51D was the first Mustang with the bubble canopy etc." I want to hear about the problems finding the best 3350 nose case gear ratios, or Merlin transport head issues. Unfortunately they often keep talking for the sake of talking, i.e. no dead air time. Though I must say the most painful was the guy who used to yodel every morning at Oshkosh to wake everyone up. If I'm on vacation with my aviation minded friends and enjoy spending most of the night talking around the campfire with an endless supply of beer and Scotch, I don't want some old guy wake me up at the crack of dawn because he went to sleep at 6:00.

Comment

The commentary on Sunday was pretty darn good! I thought the balance between idol chatter and real informative, real time announcing was perfect. Good job guys! The balloon release honoring the victims of last years accident was very well done as well! Watching those white balloons gain altitude, fly far and eventually disappear seemed as if they were being piloted by the spirits themselves. Hearing the names read off as they were released at proper intervals allowing each balloon time for individual reflection was emotional for many...was not difficult to hear! The pilot introductions before the Gold Unlimited race was extremely well done too. Overall I personally think this National Championship deserves an A Plus!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
          Would be nice but I doubt practical. Plus they have to please the "masses" I guess. I just figure it is what it is, try to find a source of amusement in it and tune out the rest. A skill I have built up in life over the years!
          A lot of sports broadcasts have a play-by-play announcer, and a "color" commentator....all they'd have to do is limit what mic goes where...

Comment

I'll put up with it as long as we keep having air races. It's a small price to pay for this annual privilege.

Did anyone hear Mike Mangold in the jet pace plane on Sunday's gold? He would make a great announcer but I'm sure he's got better things to do.
            Sky Critter

Comment

Working...
            X