X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF? Loudspeakers???

who put speakers in the pits????
    Piss!!!!
    ...going off the rails on a crazy train....

Re: WTF? Loudspeakers???

Great!!! More complaints. Keep complaining and we just might not have the air races ever again. What will you complain about then?

Comment

Originally posted by RC Racer View Post
      Great!!! More complaints. Keep complaining and we just might not have the air races ever again. What will you complain about then?
      I don't think complaining about loudspeakers is going to get the races cancelled.

But there is always too much commentary. For just one lap it would be nice to hear just engines and fans.

The banter is just completely unnecessary - some minor comments - numbers, speeds, etc would be fine, but the continuous chatter is ridiculous.
      Last edited by CMW; 09-14-2012, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Think about the poor crew people, trying to work with that crap blaring away.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Racer View Post
          Then you complain that there are no races! Generally, you can never please all the people all the time. Somebody is always too hot, too cold. The hot ones have lots of layers of clothing on complaining it's too hot with the air conditioning on full blast. The cold ones are wearing shorts and tank tops complaining it's too cold with the heater on full blast.

People make comments. What's the difference between a comment, a suggestion or a complaint? They all seem very similar to me.

It could be interpreted as "Why don't they turn off the speakers in the pit area, or Why do they always have to keep talking, or Why don't they just Shut Up?"

If you think the men are bad, imagine a group of women as announcers? No bad feelings towards women, just commenting, maybe interpreted as a complaint???

Defintitions from Dictionary.com

Comment: a remark, observation, or criticism.
          Suggestion: something suggested, as a piece of advice.
          Complaint: an expression of discontent, regret, pain, censure, resentment, or grief; lament; faultfinding.
          Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 09-14-2012, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MRE View Post
            Think about the poor crew people, trying to work with that crap blaring away.
            It's like an audio assault. Imagine if they played rap music too? How much can you take?

Comment

I agree with 4GTurn as do many fans. The constant nonsense blaring away on the loudspeakers is annoying. It's bad enough to be held hostage in general admission but the pits? RC Fan, RARA is not going to cancel the races cuz we're complaining about the loud speakers in the pits!

Comment

Pretty much the same complaints every year about the anouncer's "witty banter". Apparently they are hired to do just that.

Kevin

Comment

You can't hear it at the flightline... just say'n
                  Sky Critter

Comment

I agree their loud and would much rather listen to the sweet sound of the "Bad Boys" rounding the home pylon. I would also like to go to Reno Air Race site and not have to filter through a bunch of sniveling and whining to only finally get to a great pic. It's like rocking in a rocking chair. You can do it all day if you like; you just won't have gone anywhere or accomplished anything. I've got an idea for all of you daytime talk show lovers. Get out of your rocking chair, grab your sack and go tell a RARA official in charge of sound how you feel about the changes. That might accomplish something.

Comment

The announcers irritate me too, but then when I get to the flightline where I can't hear them I miss hearing the lap times! Maybe we need separate commentary for the hard-core race fans in the pits. Short, sweet, and just the important stuff.

Comment

Now THAT is an excellent suggestion. It really is annoying and distracting at times to the teams having them blaring their banter all day. If they sounded more professional and knowledgable that would be one thing.

A seperate sound board in the pits with just the facts and no banter would be a real positive improvement for the teams and fans in the Pit area.

Comment

Would be nice but I doubt practical. Plus they have to please the "masses" I guess. I just figure it is what it is, try to find a source of amusement in it and tune out the rest. A skill I have built up in life over the years!
                          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Thanks for bringing this up -- this year seems worse than most. The editorializing I think was really out of control yesterday. What was more frustrating is they didn't seem to be watching the race 3/4 of the time. We had some great 2nd - 3rd - 4th and even "last" place racing that they didn't know what going on because they were blathering about something else distantly associated with racing -- while the heat was still going on. I don't necessarily mind almost-constant updates, but as long as it has something to do with the planes, pilots and the racing that is going on in front of them...

Comment

Lighten up guys... Some folks like the speakers, and from memory, they have had them in year's past as well... With what RARA people have been through this last year, I find it hard to believe you guys would complain about ANYTHING... We're here, we're safe and we're racing... Thank you RARA for everything you did over the last year!
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X