Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: End of an era.......:(

Default Re: End of an era.......:(

Who is the land owner? He should through a party and invite all his AAFO friends! I wonder if he/she knows how many new friends he/she has?

I was told be fellow "guarding" land... (very nice guy named Nick) that the new owner tried to get a special use permit to charge people but city didn't get it done in time... On record... I would gladly pay to be on the fence!!!!
    Last edited by RarebearFan77; 09-14-2012 at 09:14 AM.
    Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

That's good news! So maybe next year! I heard a story about the police tossing everyone out a few years ago after previous landowner caught wind of what was going on. The authorities said, "Mame, do you know you have campers on your land?" The lady, from southern calif. (not having a clue about the Reno Air Races) replied "no" and then asked, "how many people?" The officier replied, "oh about 200 give or take a few motorhomes". I guess she freaked out and ordered everyone off the property immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Oberev View Post
    That's good news! So maybe next year! I heard a story about the police tossing everyone out a few years ago after previous landowner caught wind of what was going on. The authorities said, "Mame, do you know you have campers on your land?" The lady, from southern calif. (not having a clue about the Reno Air Races) replied "no" and then asked, "how many people?" The officier replied, "oh about 200 give or take a few motorhomes". I guess she freaked out and ordered everyone off the property immediately!
    That is 100% inaccurate.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Oberev View Post
    That's a pretty TALL story! Totally untrue..............
    "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Just so you know, there are still fence areas out there.............
    "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

I have no way of checking the accuracy of this story but you have to admit it is funny. I was told this story while out there about 3-4 years ago and it happened before then if it did happen. Can't you just see this little old lady listening over the phone while being told of such activities on her property and the ensuing panic over potential wealth eating liability issues?