No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
      http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Re: End of an era.......

What happened!!!???

Comment

The announcers were advertising the "high g" tix all day today......I think someone is misinformed.....

Kevin

Comment

Sorry, I just did not see it in the ticket listing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric B View Post
              Sorry, I just did not see it in the ticket listing.
              Eric, no problem with the misunderstanding.. RARA's having a bit of a time right now with their website, it seems from what I can see, in keeping the site up-to-date... someone was doing a redesign and saved the site we all saw a few days ago as http://airrace.org/index2.php. I'll tell ya what, this website stuff is not simple and if you're in charge of an active event site, it's literally at 24/7 deal! I ran the website for Aviation Nation for several years and again, literally, 24/7, book the net if you're on a cruise, check in every night on your then, not-so-smart phone... ensure everything is copacetic kind of deal!

Sometimes, it bites the best of us on the ass..

Not only is the high G seating still available, it's selling out fast, and they've increased the daily capicity to 150, from 100... places still available but as the announcers were saying today, if you want to go out there, get your tickets NOW! Selling out fast! Heck of a deal for a day in a place you'd never get any other way.. Not sure, but I think the fee includes food and drink!

(who else can drink a hundred dollars a day in beer, with eats no less!)

I'd jump on it if I could afford it!

You go RARA!!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

No more fence? Was heading out Sunday with EZ UP and a cooler full of tasty adult beverages, Coleman stove and hamburger. You mean there is security out there guarding the entrance?

Comment

Fence: Probably the safest place at Stead. The planes are heading parallel to the fence. Any problems are going to head in that direction unless of course there is different problem in which case the safest place is Truckee. Come on people, it's racing! I know I'm preaching to the choir!

Comment

Land sold to new owner this spring.

Comment

Who is the land owner? He should through a party and invite all his AAFO friends! I wonder if he/she knows how many new friends he/she has?

Comment

I was told be fellow "guarding" land... (very nice guy named Nick) that the new owner tried to get a special use permit to charge people but city didn't get it done in time... On record... I would gladly pay to be on the fence!!!!
                        Last edited by RarebearFan77; 09-14-2012, 08:14 AM.
                        Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

That's good news! So maybe next year! I heard a story about the police tossing everyone out a few years ago after previous landowner caught wind of what was going on. The authorities said, "Mame, do you know you have campers on your land?" The lady, from southern calif. (not having a clue about the Reno Air Races) replied "no" and then asked, "how many people?" The officier replied, "oh about 200 give or take a few motorhomes". I guess she freaked out and ordered everyone off the property immediately!

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Oberev View Post
                            That's good news! So maybe next year! I heard a story about the police tossing everyone out a few years ago after previous landowner caught wind of what was going on. The authorities said, "Mame, do you know you have campers on your land?" The lady, from southern calif. (not having a clue about the Reno Air Races) replied "no" and then asked, "how many people?" The officier replied, "oh about 200 give or take a few motorhomes". I guess she freaked out and ordered everyone off the property immediately!
                            That is 100% inaccurate.
                            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Oberev View Post
                              That's a pretty TALL story! Totally untrue..............
                              "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Working...
                              X