Race Crew Honors Crew Chief's Crew Chief Bill "Kerch" Kerchenfaut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Crew Honors Crew Chief's Crew Chief Bill "Kerch" Kerchenfaut

Members of the Precious Metal crew honored Crew Chief Bill Kerchenfaut yesterday at the National Championship Air Races. With the mood of a bit of a "roast" PM Crew Asst. Chief Mike Town shows Kerch the new sticker they created to honor him. Kerch's response was "I'm just a guy with a screwdriver, it's the other guys on the team who do the work". Typically a very modest man, Kerch is recognized as an expert in all facets of running a successful race program within the sport of Air Racing.

Read more about Bill "Kerch" Kerchenfaut in this archived story CLICK HERE
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Kerch is "The Man". I would love to get some of those stickers.....they would make every motor vehicle I own run faster!!

Kevin

Comment

Re: Race Crew Honors Crew Chief's Crew Chief Bill "Kerch" Kerchenfaut

You know, he does kinda look like Yoda, doesn't he?

Somebody needs to put that sticker onto T-shirts. I'd buy one!
      Mark Johnson
      Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Well, actually that was the idea when I made the Yoda/Kerch drawing. It was going to be a t-shirt, but I ran out of time...so Mike Towns took the artwork and made the sticker out of it.

Not sure if we're going to end up doing the shirts or not. If I recall, there were only a handful of stickers made...maybe half a dozen.

Comment

I thought Mike said it was a dozen stickers.

I saw one on a Suburban parked up in the Steadfast pit...

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin View Post
            I thought Mike said it was a dozen stickers.

I saw one on a Suburban parked up in the Steadfast pit...
            That's the one on the back window of Kerch's van.
            Jason
            Jason Schillereff

Comment

It was an honor to roast Kerch. He has been a great mentor and friend

Michael Town
              Crew Precious Metal

Comment

Thank you Wayne for a really nice set of photos.

Kerch is one of the all time great Air Racers. I am honored to have been able to call him my friend for over 30 years.

It's good to see that so many others out there feel the same way about this wonderful man...

Neal

Comment

Bill is awesome and a good friend to have on the other end of the phone. Always good for a laugh and a good brain to pick. Glad we could honor him in such a way. Now refers to me as " you little s**t" because of that night, but a term of endearment I'll take any day.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
                    Bill is awesome and a good friend to have on the other end of the phone. Always good for a laugh and a good brain to pick. Glad we could honor him in such a way. Now refers to me as " you little s**t" because of that night, but a term of endearment I'll take any day.
                    I'd give my left.... eyeball... to be called a "you little s**t" by a guy who knows what to DO with that screwdriver as well as Bill Kerchenfaut does.

Comment

Bumping this thread up because it is such a nice memory of a time gone by
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                        Bumping this thread up because it is such a nice memory of a time gone by
                        Kerch was proof that you can become a legend in this sport without being an owner or a pilot (Dwight Thorn comes to mind, too).

Comment

Thanks, Wayne.

I'd still but one of those shirts.
                          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

I would pay a few bucks to have that logo on polo shirts to be worn during the 2017 Races.

Any other takers, if Wild Bill will get it done?

AceHome

Comment

Originally posted by acehome View Post
                              I would pay a few bucks to have that logo on polo shirts to be worn during the 2017 Races.

Any other takers, if Wild Bill will get it done?

AceHome
                              I would as well

Comment

Working...
                              X