Race Crew Honors Crew Chief's Crew Chief Bill "Kerch" Kerchenfaut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Race Crew Honors Crew Chief's Crew Chief Bill "Kerch" Kerchenfaut

For those who cannot make it to the memorial, we are planning a live stream (barring no technical issues), which will start around 11:00am local and end around 3:00pm. The weather is not looking favorable right now, so the flyovers and missing man may be scrubbed. There will likely be a video and slide show going during lunch.

Livestream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f53UqprKEcs&

Schedule:
    11am-12pm (gather)
    12pm-1pm (lunch)
    1pm-2:30pm (Presentation by Jim Larsen & reflections by others)
    2:30pm Missing Man and Flyovers
    3pm-5pm (reception)

Michael

Comment

Michael,
      Thank you for keeping us informed. You have done an awesome job.
      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
        Michael,
        Thank you for keeping us informed. You have done an awesome job.
        Steve
        Indeed! If only all of us could have someone like Michael when we pass.

From the bottom of my heart, Michael, thank you for being there for Bill!

The memorial was... wonderful
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

As a PS, I hope the streaming that was attempted worked!

Everyone who Kerch touched should have been there and I'm hoping the guys efforts to stream it worked.
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

To all, I just realized that these messages wound up in an old thread title and may have wound up missed!

I'll look at how to best fix.. sorry that the memorial is over and I hope anyone who might have attended didn't miss the word because of this!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thank you Wayne and to all who attended. It was great to see everyone in once place to celebrate Bill's life.

The livestream had a few issues early on, but seemed to settle part way into Jim's presentation. We'll try to get the full version up at some point.

Thanks again to everyone who came and helped!

I sort of helped hijack this thread to keep people informed, so you can blame me

Michael
              Last edited by Mluvara; 12-11-2016, 11:00 AM.

Comment

NO PROBLEMS on the Hijack! I should have done something to stick the messages and or merging or SOMETHING!

It was a great experience and I am thankful that I was able to attend.

I do walk away with one major thought though... If you know someone who smokes, or you smoke yourself,

THINK ABOUT IT!

Kerch nearly chain smoked non-filtered tobacco and it was likely what killed him!

THINK ABOUT IT!

Fantastic event Michael, well done all around, Kerch's sister is a treat!

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                  <>

Kerch nearly chain smoked non-filtered tobacco and it was likely what killed him!

THINK ABOUT IT!
                  <>
                  One of the times in '80~'81 that I was at Power Pac at N.Oakland and working with Bob Love. I remember walking into the 'break area' and Kerch, who was all grimy from working on John Crocker's plane, was sitting at the table and just opening a new pack of cigarette's and he said to me; " you want a smoke?"
                  I said;" No thanks, I already quit"
                  He said;" Quit? These things'll put some lead in yer pencil!"

memories of the good times
                  remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Re: Race Crew Honors Crew Chief's Crew Chief Bill &quot;Kerch&quot; Kerchenfaut

For those who would like to view it, Kerch's memorial video is now up. Many Thanks to Jim Larsen for MC'ing the event and giving a great presentation on Bill's life!

Michael

Comment

Michael,
                      Thank you so much for posting the memorial video. Bucky Dawson's story about the smoked salmon brought back some memories. That salmon found its way all over Stead.
                      Steve

Comment

If this comes together I would take one in a Large. Please let me know or I can check back, and I will PM you all my mailing information. Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
                          I will put my guy on doing some shirts. They will be available in button down blue work shirts only.
                          sounds good, I would like a Large. It would be a honor to wear. Please let me know how I can purchase one of these shirts.

Comment

Just checking to see if I've missed any update on shirt availability, cost and how-where-when to pay.

Again, thanks much for efforts in honoring Mr.Kerchenfaut.

Comment

Working...
                            X