Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plane with most years in Reno

Default Re: Plane with most years in Reno

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    For you historians, which plane flying at Reno this year has been at Reno the most number of years?

My brother and I were thinking either Miss America or Rare Bear.

Thanks!

Danno
    I'm almost certain its Miss America, and it doesn't matter whether you count it as "longest time between first appearance at Reno and now" or "most number of years entered."

<edit> Sheesh, If I'd looked down and seen that Slack had posted... :-p At least I wasn't totally wrong.
    Last edited by 440_Magnum; 09-12-2012 at 06:51 AM.

Nope it's an f1 named Judy I raced her last year

[QUOTE=f1-69;105407]Nope it's an f1 named Judy I raced her last year
    [/QUOTE

I don't dismiss this claim, was that Judy Wagners F1? That Ray Cote raced as Judy's Turm? If so or if not could you please outline the history of the plane. Ie first year and years in attendance etc. Also since Major components are often changed on F1 racers is it the same fuselage and tail and wing design as when it first arrived. Because that would matter.
    John Slack

So when the bear had her wings clipped each time that started her time over, didn't think so , every racer out there has been changing over the years

NO, It was NOT Judy Wagner's Shoestring winning this trivia question!

Judy and and her husband debuted the racer in 1971. It has went thru a number of owners, names, paint jobs, and changes. It has NOT been there at Reno every year since (this year is an example) 1971.

I know Holbrook well as a very close friend, and will have to call him and straighten him out on the "facts" if that's where you heard them.

Lowell