TUESDAY UNLIMITEDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TUESDAY UNLIMITEDS

So far, "Dreadnought", Sea Fury 924G and "Rossiya Su'ka" have qualified today. "Rossiya Su'ka" is currently in Last Place at 307.157 MPH, Sea Fury 924G is in 6th Place at 380.789 MPH, and "Dreadnought" is in 2nd Place at 439.566 MPH

This leaves "Precious Metal" in the pole position at 451.352 MPH at the time of this posting...and word is that Thom Richard is taking her out today with the aircraft taped up, a new spraybar in place, and a landing gear door issue resolved: Victor Archer's shot of PM in the "Valley" yesterday showed a right side (left to us) gear door hanging down a bit...the Griffon is getting interesting...
    "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Re: TUESDAY UNLIMITEDS

Strega was up just a little bit ago took the clock can't wait to see his speed.

Comment

And "Rare Bear" apparently was clocked at 493 & change...
      Last edited by Tigercat24; 09-11-2012, 01:11 PM. Reason: Lack of ability to effectively use a 'Shift' key.
      -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

"Rare Bear" was disqualified on its first attempt with 2 laps for high flying at Pylon 8.

Reigning champion "Strega" now sits on the pole at 493.299 MPH.
        -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Times are up on the http://reports.airrace.org page.

Rare bear says DQ for high flying, but if that 493mph number is true it makes Strega's qual speed of 493.299 that much more interesting...

Here's to wishing for the safe, windless and exciting Unlimited Gold race were all overdue for come Sunday!

Comment

"Miss America" and "The Rebel" also DQ'd for high flying.
            -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Boo....I would like to see Miss America have a good year.

Comment

If they flew two laps, do they still get to try again?
                I can not get the rules to open on airrace.org.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
                  "Miss America" and "The Rebel" also DQ'd for high flying.
                  The Rebel qualified on her second lap at 341.288.

Comment

How high is too high ??? In 20 years of being there I can't remember that being flagged ...

Comment

I think its a new safety precaution on outer 8. Its normally 350 feet, but if they decide you can approach 500 mph, they restrict you to 250 around outer 8. Thats when your energy is directed toward the crowd, and I think its to reduce scatter if you break up/go in.

Checkout pages 12&13 for lawyering (new rules in red text). http://www.airrace.org/userfiles/fil...tition2012.pdf

Comment

Scrambling here to try to find out what this means for those who were DQ'd... I do not know if they get to go again or not...... I SURE HOPE SO!!!!!!!
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                          Scrambling here to try to find out what this means for those who were DQ'd... I do not know if they get to go again or not...... I SURE HOPE SO!!!!!!!
                          In the past they have just made another qualification run. Last year, Sawbones cut pylon 1 on both laps of their run and then qualified the following day.

Comment

"UNLIMITED and Jet qualifiers shall be allowed a second qualifying attempt provided the
                            19 second qualifying attempt takes place at a time when no entrant is ready and waiting to
                            20 attempt their initial qualification. The pilot who wishes to attempt a second qualifying run
                            21 shall indicate in his radio request to the Chief Timer that this is a second qualification
                            22 attempt. If two or more pilots wish to make a second qualifying attempt at the same time,
                            23 they shall be given an opportunity to re-qualify in the order of their request for a second
                            24 qualification. When an entrant completes a second qualification, the best speed of the two
                            25 qualification attempts shall be used as that pilot’s qualification speed. No pilot may have
                            26 more than one re-qualification attempt."

Page 9

Comment

If you click on the "Qualifiers" link, it now posts a speed for Rare Bear at 490.002.

It doesn't show anything but a pylon cut on 1 and too high at 8 if you click on the plane link.

Does show it on the pilot link.

Comment

Working...
                              X