Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volunteer Photographer wanted to provide pictures of the support trailers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volunteer Photographer wanted to provide pictures of the support trailers.

It amazes me the amount of equipment it takes to race an airplane at Reno and I always enjoyed looking at the cool trailers and rain/shade protection canopies for the plane and trailer, that they would bring. So I'm curious what size, shape, graphics, awnings, upper deck viewing areas that the support trailers look like this year. Does anyone want to provide pictures of some or all of the trailers that are in the pit area please?
    Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 09-11-2012, 06:20 PM.

Re: Volunteer Photographer wanted to provide pictures of the support trailers.

Strega and Rare Bear and SteadFast support trailers
    Attached Files
    Last edited by airtj; 09-14-2012, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Thank-you for the pictures. Looks like Rare Bear has a trailer, a nice penthouse upper floor and a shade structure for the plane. From my memory, didn't Rare Bear crew work on the plane without shade for decades?

Who or what determines who gets what location in the pits?

Are most of the other Unlimiteds exposed to the weather/sun?

Comment

I would have thought 232 would have a tent of some kind. One wonders how the crew of 232 feels on some of these hot afternoons with big sister next door living in luxury?

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
          Thank-you for the pictures. Looks like Rare Bear has a trailer, a nice penthouse upper floor and a shade structure for the plane. From my memory, didn't Rare Bear crew work on the plane without shade for decades?

Who or what determines who gets what location in the pits?

Are most of the other Unlimiteds exposed to the weather/sun?
          Yes, as did everyone else. I think Dago was one of the first to have a race trailer back in it's debut in '82. Not sure on the second question. Yes most of the other unlimiteds are exposed.........
          Last edited by t-dub; 09-14-2012, 10:19 PM.
          "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Working...
          X