Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday Summary

Default Monday Summary

Since nobody has done it yet, i thought i would give a summary of today's races for those who don't really know;
    Formula One: About half of the class qualified including Scarlet Screamer and Madness. Those placed the top two at 246 and 241mph.
    Biplane: About one third of the biplanes qualified today. Since we can all assume that Aberle and Phantom are going to take it like normal, todays top qualifier was Lady Luck at 200mph.
    T6: Only one qualifier today. Eros flown by Lee Oman at a speed of 205mph.
    Sport: Good day for sport class today. Around a quarter of the class qualified and the match ups are already good. The top two are Lancairs named Miss Karen flown by Lynn Farnsworth and at 368mph and #8 flown by David Sterling at a speed of 358mph. Unleashed also qualified a good 268 as well!
    Jet: Almost all of the jets have qualified and i am very surprised at the results. 10 out of the 15 qualified today and 6 were L-39's who apparently run good on the new course. The first place qualifier smoked the L-29's by about 80 mph. The top qualifier was Double Delite flown by Robert Pezold at a speed of 462mph.
    Unlimited THE BAD BOYS OF AIR RACING!! The best news of today is Precious Metal flown by Thom Richard at a speed of 451.352. Thom set the bar at Unlimited pole position with the fastest of the fast still to qualify. Second place was the beautiful fury Sawbones at a speed of 424, and third was Steadfast at 394.
    Let me know if you guys want these to continue or if you know-it-alls think I'm wasting my time Can't wait for tomorrow!!!
    -GRNDP51
    Last edited by GRNDP51; 09-10-2012 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Statistic change**

Default Re: Monday Summary

Thankyou for posting a summary. I would read this everyday if you posted such information. Many of us cannot be there so it's helpful to hear what's going on.

This was in your post. Is the speed correct of 458mph?

"#8 flown by David Sterling at a speed of 458mph"

Quote Originally Posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
    Thankyou for posting a summary. I would read this everyday if you posted such information. Many of us cannot be there so it's helpful to hear what's going on.

This was in your post. Is the speed correct of 458mph?

"#8 flown by David Sterling at a speed of 458mph"
    Thats the Lancair with Dago Reds race Merlin under the hood......

It should be 358mph.

Hahahahaha yeah guys that's the Merlin powered super Lancair!! Sorry for the misinformation, thanks for the corrections I had a lot of speeds jumbled up in my head...

GRNDP51,
    I can think of a few reasons that a thread like this will be useful.

1) People in the pits can read this thread and keep up to speed on whats happening.
    2) People not able to attend can read this thread to keep up on events.
    3) A great way to provide info so that new threads can be started.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    It should be 358mph.
    You can go back to the original post and edit it if you'd like. You just cannot edit the main title.

GRNDP51, yes please, more summaries would be most appreciated! Can't make it to Reno this year, stuck at my desk at work and miserable, any info. will make it more bearable! THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Thats the Lancair with Dago Reds race Merlin under the hood......
    Wondering if you were to reduce the size to a one seater and keep the same horsepower, what kind of speeds could you achieve?

Changed it and thanks to the supporters of this thread. I will continue tomorrow after qualifying ceases as well as wednesday and thursday. I head up friday and stay til sunday so the summaries will have to end thursday. I imagine someone will pick up for my slack. Any takers???
    See ya tomorrow for another day of the worlds fastest motorsport