Low cost air racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low cost air racing

Sport is not new to mankind, but the evolution of new sports has been largely dependent on the evolution of new technology. From javelin (spear) throwing, archery and chariot racing in ancient times, through bicycle, motorcycle and automobile racing in recent times, as new forms of human endeavor…

Jawapoker88 adalah agen pkv terpercaya dengan tampilan situs judi qq online yang menarik dan permainan poker online, dominoqq, bandarqq dan qiu qiu.

This will be interesting to follow. I hope the event goes without incident.
    Last edited by Reno_Steve; 09-10-2012, 12:01 AM.

Re: Low cost air racing

Just a reminder that this wingsuit racing event is happening on the 13th October (in China)

Tianmen Mountain Grand Prix - October, 13-14

I hope the event goes without incident.

Comment

Those guys have more money tied up in suits and parachute gear than it would cost to race a basic Cassutt or Pitts.

Comment

"The race course will see the wingsuited pilots drop around 2,600-foot over the 1.2 kilometer course after launching from a clifftop platform. The course will then run around a sweeping turn marked by an anchored Red Bull hot-air balloon, then fly in a straight line down the mountain and under a finish line designated by cable car lines."

Seriously?!?! "under a finish line designated by cable car lines."
        I really don't think this is a good finsh line marker.
        How about a finish line of cray paper...

Comment

Originally posted by WARPT View Post
          I really don't think this is a good finsh line marker.
          A slight miscalculation and a participant could place in 2 (or more) finishing positions.

Comment

Originally posted by Tibia View Post
            A slight miscalculation and a participant could place in 2 (or more) finishing positions.
            Globally speaking, the Chinese government definitely have a unique attitude towards the value of human life.

This week in China two similar cases on the issue of forced abortions, which the U.S. deems an extreme human rights abuse, are unfolding with potentially very different outcomes.

I'll give the Chinese public this though, they go freakin' wild for these wing suit canyon racers, the guys are like rock stars to them!

American Wingsuit flier Jeb Corliss flies through the cave on Tianmen Mountain near Zhangjiajie, Hunan province.For more videos visit http://www.telegraph.co...

Sorry, this video is unavailable
            Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

Event postponed due to rain until Wednesday, Otober 17th and Thursday, October 18..

Comment

Live now (Thur 17th Oct 2012) :-

Comment

Originally posted by Tibia View Post
                  The first quantum air race!

Kevin

Comment

I don't think that's a big deal for those guys. They go under bridges, skim sheer cliffs and peaks, fly down valleys, even go THROUGH that hole in the mountain in China. They have quite a bit of control obviously.

Check out some of Jeb Corlis' videos. He deliberately skims the edge of a cliff to see how low he can go. He clipped one in South Africa not that long ago and got badly broken up but survived.

GP

Comment

Working...
                    X