Some pictures from sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pictures from sunday

As expected there was a lot of action today on the ramp.
    Thom Richards pushed PM harder than last year and also the Bear sounded angry in the air

Best regards,
    Florian
    Attached Files

Re: Some pictures from sunday

Any idea how fast PM went?

Comment

If none of you have heard yet, I LOVE THE GP-5! Also, does anyone have any insight as to why there is substantially more tail on Relentless?

Thanks!
      "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Matt58 View Post
        Also, does anyone have any insight as to why there is substantially more tail on Relentless?

Thanks!
        IIRC, Relentless now has an 8 cylinder Lycoming up front, same as the NXT that Kevin test flew in Panama and that NXT has the same extended vertical tail (so maybe Kevin thought it was a good idea).

Here's a link to the Panamanian NXT:

Kevin Eldredge goes once again to paradise home of NXT builder Ron Simard to test Nemesis NXT after new engine. A little moral support for Ron who will fly h...

There's a nice side view (tail included) at the beginning of the video.
        Last edited by FlyKidChris; 09-09-2012, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
          Any idea how fast PM went?
          Having a lot of fun staying out here and we were able to talk with PM's crew chief Michael Towne tonight and I think he said something like 28 MPH faster than the airplane has ever flown...(forgive me Mike if I remembered wrong!) The airplane looks awesome, sounds even better, the new prop profiling has completely changed the way the airplane sounds. As usual, there are abundant sandbags hanging here and there in the pits as we head into race week... This truly is sure to be a SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY.... BE THERE event!

Have not had my cameras out of the bag this week, I've decided to approach this year's race week in a different manner.. I've spent more time talking to racers in the past two days than I've probably spent in the last three years!

So, no pictures yet, but... as much as I hate to admit it and as much fun as I have trying to achieve the perfection that Victor produces, I'm probably not nearly as good at taking pictures as I am putting my thoughts into words...I'm living my experience staying out at the field and doing multiple dark ramp prowls.. renewing old friendships.. (thanks Michael!) and just sitting back and watching the week's drama grow!

Special thanks to Valerie Miller, the Reno Air Race Association and everyone involved, who have made this year possible. Folks, RENO, Race week begins tomorrow, if you have even a passive interest in this sport, you're going to be negotiating some time off, or doing some intense weekend driving to get here.. If there ever was a RENO to not miss... surely, this is it.

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
            Having a lot of fun staying out here and we were able to talk with PM's crew chief Michael Towne tonight and I think he said something like 28 MPH faster than the airplane has ever flown..
            That is awesome news. Perhaps we're seeing the first bits of that airplane's actual potential (and hopefully a lot safer to boot!).

Comment

I think he said something like 28 MPH faster than the airplane has ever flown...
              Ever flown on the course? Like as in 453 in 1988 plus 28 mph= 481 mph?!
              Last edited by Race70; 09-10-2012, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Race70 View Post
                Ever flown on the coarse? Like as in 453 in 1988 plus 28 mph= 481 mph?!
                My question exactly. If we're talking the 400-ish speeds we saw last year and under Ron Buccarelli, then a 430-ish speed sounds good for a practice run. If you're talking 28 MPH faster than the 1988 453 MPH when the motor blew, then HOLY CRAP.
                "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
                -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Being the eternal optimist, y'all want taters and greens with yer crow?

Comment

I'll ask again today, Mike *may* have worded it "faster than we've ever gone" My bad for not getting the wording exactly.... or not being sure of the wording.. Airplane sure looked good on the course!
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Plenty of "color photography"..... I personally am liking the idea of Wayne's "color commentary".... Keep it up Wayne!!!! Thanks!!
                      Fledgling Air Race and P-51 Junkie

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post
                        IIRC, Relentless now has an 8 cylinder Lycoming up front, same as the NXT that Kevin test flew in Panama and that NXT has the same extended vertical tail (so maybe Kevin thought it was a good idea).

Here's a link to the Panamanian NXT:

Kevin Eldredge goes once again to paradise home of NXT builder Ron Simard to test Nemesis NXT after new engine. A little moral support for Ron who will fly h...

There's a nice side view (tail included) at the beginning of the video.
                        Here's a pic of the new tail......
                        Attached Files
                        "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Working...
                        X