School's in! PSA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School's in! PSA!

Just a reminder Washoe county school are now in session, and there is a 15 MPH school zone just off of the stead exit.

Be careful guys and gals

Wolfee

Re: School's in! PSA!

And Reno's finest usually places multiple units there at this time of the year!
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Hey thanks for the heads up.

Comment

How many times have you all been pulled over there? I can count two I remember.

Comment

Myself? Never. I am a little of a fanatic when it comes to special speed zones. Driving a fast, red car is just too risky.
          As the cop told my wife at her last ticket (90 in a 65, don't know why she didn't lose the car) when she told him everyone was going that fast around her "yeah, but you were the easiest to pick out".
          My father-in-law got one there a few years ago and it was VERY pricey.
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by wolfee View Post
            Just a reminder Washoe county school are now in session, and there is a 15 MPH school zone just off of the stead exit.

Be careful guys and gals

Wolfee
            I wish I would have had that warning in 1986! I rolled off 395 driving an international bobtail with bad sync rings in the trans. Out of gear and going 20 in the 15 and got a ticket.

Comment

Wish you would have told me about 10 years ago...........I got one for doing 25.........I honestly never saw the 15mph sign.......25 is speed for school zones in CA.......but I was in the wrong.........so I took it like a man
              Brian

Comment

And I think they are serious

http://www.ktvn.com/story/19476339/e...g-for-speeders

Comment

Local Fundraiser..........

Comment

Yes they are very serious...

Last year Reno/Sparks had a record number of pedestrians hit or killed by moving vehicles.

Also, Nevada passed a new law this year, using a cell phone or Ham radio while driving. If you get caught, it is a $75. fine for the first time offense. They are watching, and will pull you over for that as well.

If you have to use your phone, use a hands free unit or pull into parking lot or take the freeway exit and pull over. If you just pull over to the side of the road, they will still ticket you.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up!! I texted the info to friends. I hate tickets.

Comment

Yeah, I got busted several years ago too (22 in a 15). Never saw the sign. What really gets me is the 15 MPH school zone where the kids are fenced in and 45 where they are wandering up the street, texting, playing catch, etc.

Comment

Wolfee,

Thanks for the warnings and reminders.

Originally posted by wolfee View Post
                          Also, Nevada passed a new law this year, using a cell phone or Ham radio while driving.
                          fyi... the law does not make illegal any use of ham radio while driving. All depends upon conditions and situation and type of radio. ref: NRS 484B.165 1(e) and 8(a)(1) and 8(a)(2)

Bob

ps. I generally do not talk on the radio while driving, unless specific situations exist (see 2b)
                          Last edited by Tibia; 09-06-2012, 06:13 PM.

Comment

If you get there before sunrise, like every self respecting photog should, you don't have to worry about no stinking speed limit.

Comment

Tim you on tomorrows 9:50 flight?

Comment

Working...
                              X