Jimmy/GG Tribute Painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy/GG Tribute Painting

Hi All - Over the year, many friends have asked me if I would paint a Jimmy/GG tribute - I knew I would - that goes without saying - but, I couldn't quite go there yet. It took a while, but this past month, I realized I was ready to put together a composition.

After a lot of thought, reflection, and input from friends, both Jimmy's and mine, I chose to paint a static portrait with shadow - and, trying something different - I went with a backlit image, to highlight the reflections - depicting her as seen in the pits, Sunday, 2010, after winning every race they flew that week.

For several reasons, both personal and obvious, I've titled the painting: "Reflections"

This meant a lot to me, and I truly hope you will find this a fitting tribute.

Thank-you,

Dave
    Attached Files
    DB

Re: Jimmy/GG Tribute Painting

Beautiful.

Comment

INCREDIBLE!!!

I didn't think that airplane could've looked any better, but the polished aluminum look that your painting has proves otherwise.
      Fledgling Air Race and P-51 Junkie

Comment

Truly well done!

Comment

It just amazes me what the gifted can do with a brush and paint. Fantastic.

Comment

Thats absolutely awesome!! Great work. I've an autographed copy of "the Bear is Back" 67/77 professionally framed... I love it. I would love to get my hands on this one too... How can i?
            Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

It's wonderful Daver... and I know where in your heart it came from.. that makes it all the better..

Jimmy really was a friend to all who met him.. that was just his way... I'm not going to know how much I miss him until I get to Reno this year... then it's going to sink in..

He really was a special man. Thank you for this tribute to his memory!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Great painting Daver. Its like you could reach out & touch her & I already have. Thanks.
                Lockheed Bob

Comment

well done.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

* dave@dbmueller.com
                    DB

Comment

Very nice Dave

Comment

Jimmy Leeward, a crowd favorite for many years campaigning Specter/LARS and Cloud Dancer, finally had himself a serious Unlimited Gold contender. Having been a regular at the races for going on three decades, I will always ponder what could have been had things not gone so wrong. I just received my Galloping Ghost print yesterday. Subtle in portrayal, Dave Mueller has captured the essence of this racer of truly unknown potential and of very special meaning for many of us. Thanks, Dave, for putting your all into this beautiful work.

Comment

Working...
                        X