Robert Converse Unlimited Pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Converse Unlimited Pilot

Robert Converse who flew the P51D "HuntressIII" at Reno & various other race sites has informed me that he has had pulmonary hypertension for the past 7 years & after going thru pre-transplant procedures he should get on the list for it to be performed at the Univ.of Wash. His e-mail address is: robertconverse@me.com or robertconverse@mac.com Prayers are needed for Robert & Family.:
    Lockheed Bob

Re: Robert Converse Unlimited Pilot

Prayers given.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
      Robert Converse who flew the P51D "HuntressIII" at Reno & various other race sites has informed me that he has had pulmonary hypertension for the past 7 years & after going thru pre-transplant procedures he should get on the list for it to be performed at the Univ.of Wash. His e-mail address is: robertconverse@me.com or robertconverse@mac.com Prayers are needed for Robert & Family.:
      Pulmonary hypertension is the reason he sold Huntress and essentially doesn't fly anymore.

He recently tried to drive down to Susanville with a stop in Reno to visit, but physically coudn't do it.

Here's hoping that he receives that transplant soon and thrives afterwards. I miss his energetic self. I talk to him regularly, but when you talk to him, give him my love.
      sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
      http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

I have been trying to get hold of Robert for quite a while now. If anyone talks to him please let him know.
        John
        John Slack

Comment

Originally posted by sandramore View Post
          He recently tried to drive down to Susanville with a stop in Reno to visit, but physically coudn't do it.
          And that is when your world changes forever!! Great Spirit is pulling for you..
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Prayers enroute!!

Race 29
            Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

I'm pulling for you robert. I always liked Huntress III. I have a hat around here somewhere. I'll have to dust it off and wear it to the races this year.
              Bill Garnett
              InterstellarDust
              Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

While preparing for Reno departure I thought of Bill Garnett's post about digging up a Huntress III hat to wear at the races in support of Bob. Thanks to that inspiration, I too dug out a tee shirt to do the same.

During my checkout at Reno Int'l FBO, a young man commented on my shirt. He turned out to be a young realitive of Bob's. He was so happy to see it that he asked to take a picture of it to get to Bob saying he would really appreciate it.

I told him of a Mustang anniversary gathering at Santa Maria many years ago where, while chatting with Bob, he arranged for me to fly in Huntress AND arranged for a best friend (who lusted over P-40's) to go in formation with me in a P-40. Needless to say, those enlarged photos are the center pieces of our aviation art and the highlight of our flying together. So, thanks go out to Bob Converse.

In the brief encounter at the FBO, I learned that Mr. Converse is still having a difficult time as you might expect. I hope that this community will keep him in their thoughts - one of the best aspects of this forumn.

Thanks again to this forumn and Bill Garnett for the inspiration.

Comment

Since my initial request for help getting in touch with Robert my family and I were able to go and have lunch with him. Robert does realize and appreciate the thoughts and prayers from everyone. I will hopefully see him again next week.
                  John
                  John Slack

Comment

My somewhat tired Huntress III hat.
                    Attached Files
                    Bill Garnett
                    InterstellarDust

Comment

VOS pass
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice Larry. A great tribute to a fine pilot and aircraft.
                        Bill Garnett
                        InterstellarDust

Comment

Working...
                        X