Best day for pit passes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best day for pit passes?

I need to get our tickets for Fri-Sun, and in the past have only gotten pit passes for a single day. Does anyone have a preference for a particular day?

My wife is bouncing around the idea of maybe not going to the races one day, so maybe I'll get a pit pass for me on that day, in addition to a day when the whole family is there.

Re: Best day for pit passes?

Originally posted by 1:1 Scale View Post
    I need to get our tickets for Fri-Sun, and in the past have only gotten pit passes for a single day. Does anyone have a preference for a particular day?

My wife is bouncing around the idea of maybe not going to the races one day, so maybe I'll get a pit pass for me on that day, in addition to a day when the whole family is there.
    As each day goes by the pits are busier and busier. In past years I found sunday to be a complete zoo, people everywhere. For me if I had your schedule, I would choose friday to be in the pits.

Comment

If you can only go once, I would take Friday. Personally I would go all 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by 1:1 Scale View Post

Check your PM.

Comment

I would say it's all depending on your schedule... Do you want to watch the races from the pits? How much of the Races do you want to see? Are you sitting in the Grandstands? Do you want Photos of the pits? I would say Friday would be the best day for a one pit day. Hope they have all the pit stuff up and running for Friday.

Comment

I would recommend Friday as well. The only concern being that not all of the teams have their merchandise (shirts, hats, etc...) out until Saturday-Sunday.
            Sky Critter

Comment

Friday for sure. Better for aircraft photos as there is usually less people in your way, but like Skycritter said, maybe not as much merchandise out, although you can usually find what you want behind the grandstands on Sat. and Sun., as a lot of teams and vendors sell team stuff there as well.
              "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

As others have said it gets more crowded every day as the week goes on. Make sure you have a race schedule in your pocket while in the pits. On the busy days you have to grab a spot on the deadline well before the big races happen or you won't get a spot up front.

Fridays were always my favorite day at the races. You get to see the gold planes run but you don't have the weekend crowds. I also usually stay hour or two after that last race. Thats when a lot of the most interesting wrench turning takes place!

Comment

Working...
                X