Entry list posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entry list posted

Entry list is posted at Arirace.org Looks like 22 unlimiteds. Sport is the only class with anywhere near a full field.

Re: Entry list posted

So what's considered a full field? For some reason I couldn't see the Jet Class enteries......how many Jets will there be? Looks to me like some good racing comin our way.
    Brian

Comment

None of the links work for me.........Click on the button, and..........nothin'...........
      "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Jet class wouldn't open for me, either.

I see Lee Behel in Race 5 - the GP-5, "Sweet Dreams" on the entry list (no entry for his Lancair Legacy, "Breathless")?

And Sherm Smoot in #86 "Czech Mate" is entered.

With Lee and Sherm have an entry that is ready?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post

I see Lee Behel in Race 5 - the GP-5, "Sweet Dreams" on the entry list (no entry for his Lancair Legacy, "Breathless")?

Based upon the pictures from over the weekend in Tiger's lair, unless they dope the new wing in fabric over the next three weeks, 86 won't be there.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post

Czech, no. Breathless is a maybe. Last I heard they are still thrashing on it and trying to make it, but it will be close.

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
              So what's considered a full field? For some reason I couldn't see the Jet Class enteries......how many Jets will there be? Looks to me like some good racing comin our way.
              Brian

I believe a full field of unlimiteds is 32. No idea on jets. (Nor do I personally care as I prefer to watch them from the safety of down town anyway.) I know all of the Viper engined L-29s are still banned.

Comment

I was sad not to see Race 74 on the list. Sure was fun to see her fly last year.

Comment

Anyone know what happened to Tom Camp's entry?

Comment

I think the Unlimited field is structured to have a maximum of 27 aircraft for 9 planes in each race on Sunday.

My memory fades more and more each year, but I think in 1988 42 aircraft entered and over 30 actually qualified....that was the high water mark.

Race 74 did a nice aerobatic routine during Thursday's show at Oshkosh this year. Looked good with the new spinner too.

Comment

Also missing from the IF1 entry list are #44 Judy, #69 Knotty Girl, and #1 Invictus. Where's Phil?
                      Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
                        Also missing from the IF1 entry list are #44 Judy, #69 Knotty Girl, and #1 Invictus. Where's Phil?
                        I don't think Phil is going to make it this year.

Comment

The jet class is posted now as well. Sixteen entries, a lot of rookies. Fastest two will be Mangold and Vandam.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                            I don't think Phil is going to make it this year.
                            That's too bad. I was looking forward to the energy and enthusiasm he brings.

Are the other L-29s re-engined like Mangold's? I see Raju Grace is not entered.
                            Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
                              That's too bad. I was looking forward to the energy and enthusiasm he brings.

Are the other L-29s re-engined like Mangold's? I see Raju Grace is not entered.

Not that I am aware of. None of the Viper engined L-29s like Raju are racing. The ban from last year still stands. The one Mangold is racing has a GE engine in it that was done out of a different shop than the Viper birds.

Comment

Working...
                              X