X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Possible Name Change For Reno Air Races

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
    ...Snicker Doodle Goober 500...

THAT one would get my vote every time...

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
      Point completely missed.
      Ah I see..Nikon is already sponsoring the races ? Good work.

I have Nikon camera too.
      http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Seriously, though...for DECADES people have been clamoring to get major nationwide sponsors to pay attention to Reno. It always had to do with promotion and augmentation of the sport. More money, more promotion, more attention to the sport would be the result.

Now we're in a position where the very event's future is in question, and suddenly people are getting all nostalgic about the name of the event?

IMHO, they can call it whatever they want. There are no sacred cows in this game so far as I care. Rebrand it whatever you want...just get that financial backing in there and keep the event alive. It will be much easier to sort out what we "want" the races to be while they're alive, rather than trying to resurrect them from the dead.

I mean, look at all of the other successful air racing venues and events, right? Should be a snap.

Comment

Energy companies sponsoring ?

Researchers over at the National Renewable Energy Lab have reportedly made the first solar cell with an external quantum efficiency over 100 percent. Quantum efficiency relates to the number of electrons-per-second flowing in a solar cell circuit, divided by the number of photons from the energy entering. The NREL team recorded an efficiency topping out at 114 percent, by creating the first working multiple exciton generation (MEG) cell. Using MEG, a single high energy photon can produce more than one electron-hole pair per absorbed photon. The extra efficiency comes from quantum dots 'harvesting' energy that would otherwise be lost as heat. The cell itself uses anti-reflection coating on a transparent conductor, layered with zinc oxide, lead selenide, and gold. NREL scientist Arthur J. Nozik predicted as far back as 2001 that MEG would do the job, but it's taken until now for the concept to leap over from theory. The hope is, of course, that this will lead to more competitively priced solar power, fueling the transport of the future.
          http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin View Post
            Seriously, though...for DECADES people have been clamoring to get major nationwide sponsors to pay attention to Reno. It always had to do with promotion and augmentation of the sport. More money, more promotion, more attention to the sport would be the result.

Now we're in a position where the very event's future is in question, and suddenly people are getting all nostalgic about the name of the event?

IMHO, they can call it whatever they want. There are no sacred cows in this game so far as I care. Rebrand it whatever you want...just get that financial backing in there and keep the event alive. It will be much easier to sort out what we "want" the races to be while they're alive, rather than trying to resurrect them from the dead.

I mean, look at all of the other successful air racing venues and events, right? Should be a snap.
            Randy I totally agree!

Also in the news today, Websters has removed the term common sense from the dictionary. When asked why they responded "If its common sense, why is it so rare?"

Comment

Working...
            X